Thread: cant install wireless device rt2870

tezlee1 NNTP User

Question cant install wireless device rt2870

hey. i have been tring to install my Belkin F5D8053 usb wireless N device. i read up that i had to use the rt2870 driver for the device. i installed the driver package and when i try to do "sudo modprobe rt2870sta" it says FATAL: error inserting rt2870sta (/lib..../rt2870sta.ko) invalid module format.

i have no internet acces to that computer so i have to download it from another. can you help me fix it to connect to my wireless network. im a noob at linux..

thanks

Default Re: cant install wireless device rt2870

I didn't have much luck getting my Belkin usb adapters to work, so take this for what its worth.

Did you try running this with ndiswrapper? If so, what does ndiswrapper -l give you?

tezlee1 NNTP User

Default Re: cant install wireless device rt2870

yeah i tried that and it installed the driver and said device was present but i couldnt seem to configure it with anything.

tezlee1 NNTP User

Exclamation unable to configure belkin wireless usb

hey. i have been tring to install my Belkin F5D8053 usb wireless N device. i read up that i had to use the rt2870sta driver for the device. i installed the driver package and when i try to do "sudo modprobe rt2870sta" it says FATAL: error inserting rt2870sta (/lib/..../rt2870sta.ko) invalid module format.

i have no internet acces to that computer so i have to download it from another. can you help me fix it to connect to my wireless network. im a noob at linux..

thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: unable to configure belkin wireless usb

Please don't double post -- drives ppl nuts -- threads combined
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore