Thread: OpenGL on Samsung X10 NVIDIA Gforce 4 440 Go

floriweg NNTP User

Default OpenGL on Samsung X10 NVIDIA Gforce 4 440 Go

Hi everybody,

I recently switched form Ubuntu to Suse. Also from Gnome to KDE. Until now all those nice Desktop Effects worked just fine. Also for OpenSUSE 11.1 Gnome. BUT with KDE I just can't activate OpenGL.
    Even the update to the recent KDE version did not help. I've been trying for several days everything I could find in the www. Different drivers, methods...but it just won't work. When I try to activate it with the "Configure Desktop" settings it keeps on telling me:

"Failed to activate desktop effects using the given configuration options. Settings will be reverted to their previous values.

Check your X configuration. You may also consider changing advanced options, especially changing the compositing type."

I also tried to deactivate the compositing in the xorg.conf file. Didn't help either...

I really hope somebody can help me with this. I really would like to keep on working with KDE.

Thanks a lot.

Flo

Blog Entries

Default Re: OpenGL on Samsung X10 NVIDIA Gforce 4 440 Go

Some directions on effects here
    My KDE 4.3 kinda buggy - openSUSE Forums
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

floriweg NNTP User

Default Re: OpenGL on Samsung X10 NVIDIA Gforce 4 440 Go

got it working. completely deleted all compiz related things and selfcompiled an older driver from nvidia. then installed compiz again.