Thread: How to install drivers?

sooner49 NNTP User

Cool How to install drivers?

As a many year user of Windows I finally became of tired of all the problems with that OS and decided to try another on a spare machine. I do not know if I have jumped from the frying pan into the fire or what. My problem is something as simple as trying to install a MFP. Can someone direct me to a resource where I can at least get a basic idea of how to install drivers etc. I am obviously using opensuSE v.11.1. I understand that linux is a usable OS but right now I doubt it. Can someone please prove me wrong or is it back to Windows!!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to install drivers?

MFP? Is that a Multi Function Printer?

Type? Make?

Look here:
    HCL/Printers - openSUSE

Maybe here
    OpenPrinting database - All Drivers
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to install drivers?

My problem is something as simple as trying to install a MFP. Can someone direct me to a resource where I can at least get a basic idea of how to install drivers etc. I am obviously using opensuSE v.11.1. I understand that linux is a usable OS but right now I doubt it.
    Hi sooner49. Linux can present a bit of a learning curve to new users. Now with regard to printing, you might just try connecting your MFP, open a browser, and point it to

http://localhost:631/

From there, you can select 'Administration' > 'Find New Printers' or 'Add Printer'. Follow the directions. It should be relatively easy.

A useful resource for you:

Concepts - openSUSE