Thread: Scanner driver problem

Default Scanner driver problem

I have an Epson Perfection V500 photo scanner I would like to use under Open SUSE 11.1, however, there appear to be no drivers for this particular model. Anyone know of anything that will with with this device?

Default Re: Scanner driver problem

Similar problem here. I've a HP ScanJet 2400 scanner. Sane library has no driver for this. Can any one tell me how to make my scanner work?? Yast can detect my scanner properly, but can't configure it.

same with my v200 but working now
    how?
    use : DownloadScanner [AVASYS CORPORATION]
    both file one click rpm... works ok

bye

Thumbs up Re: Scanner driver problem

Quote Originally Posted by sahaittanmoy View Post
    Similar problem here. I've a HP ScanJet 2400 scanner. Sane library has no driver for this. Can any one tell me how to make my scanner work?? Yast can detect my scanner properly, but can't configure it.
    It's funny that am replying to me
    Actually from the day i switched to linux, i was trying to make my scanner work and finally find the way today. Though it seems there is no driver for HP ScanJet2400, but this is working 100% properly in OpenSUSE11. Just go to http://http://www.elcot.in/linuxdrivers_download.php and download driver. Make Sure you follow the instructions there.
    Hope this will help many other Linux Users who have HP Scanjet 2400 or 8300.

Interesting options but still nothing that will work with the V500. I need a driver for the device.

Type the following (I'm assuming it's a USB Scanner)
    Code:
    lsusb
    and note the device id that comes up.

Then check at SANE - Scanner Access Now Easy to see if your scanner is supported by the sane-epson backend.

Hope it helps

KunalGautam NNTP User

Hey this site has driver for HP Scanjet 2400 and it worked for me HP Scanjet 2400 Driver