32-bit compatibility wxGTK?

Hi all

I am trying to run a DNA cloning program called GENtle. I have not been able to compile it myself and I am no expert in editing source code so I was trying to run the pre-compiled version.

It requires wxGTK, which I have installed. Unfortunately it looks for the libary at /usr/lib and if I make a symlink to /usr/lib64, I get this error:

./GENtle: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

so… basically I need to get a 32-bit library file for this to get working, but I am not sure whether such a library would work on a 64-bit system… any ideas?

Worked like a charm here on 11.1 64 Bit.

Error messages might help.

Really? I am surprised.

The installation instructions are very scarce in the Trunk source. Could you give any hints on how you did it?

Error messages I get from GENtle compilations (guessing what needs to be done since no clear instructions are given):

sh configure
configure: line 1746: syntax error near unexpected token GENtle,' configure: line 1746: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(GENtle, 1.5)’

• Checked out CVS sources as described.

• ran the autogen.sh script

• ran the configure script

• ran make

Thanks. I am officially an idiot :stuck_out_tongue:

Now after a couple of rounds of finding a dependency and fullfilling it and running into the next, I have come to a phase where make gives an error message not related to a missing package as far as I can see.
g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME="" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME="" -DPACKAGE_VERSION="" -DPACKAGE_STRING="" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT="" -DPACKAGE=“GENtle” -DVERSION=“1.5” -I. -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -g -O2 -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -MT TVectorTree.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/TVectorTree.Tpo -c -o TVectorTree.o TVectorTree.cpp
In file included from main.h:96,
from TVectorTree.h:7,
from TVectorTree.cpp:4:
mondrian.xpm:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

:::snip:::

In file included from main.h:97,
bitmaps/new.xpm:24: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

In file included from main.h:98,
bitmaps/open.xpm:26: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

::snip:::
In file included from main.h:99,
bitmaps/save.xpm:25: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

In file included from main.h:100,
bitmaps/copy.xpm:25: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

In file included from main.h:101,
bitmaps/cut.xpm:24: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

In file included from main.h:102,
bitmaps/paste.xpm:27: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

In file included from main.h:103,
bitmaps/print.xpm:26: warning: deprecated In file included from main.h:104,

bitmaps/help.xpm:25: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp: In member function ‘void TVectorTree::initme()’:
TVectorTree.cpp:66: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:71: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:73: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:74: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:88: error: invalid conversion from ‘long int’ to ‘void*’
TVectorTree.cpp:88: error: initializing argument 1 of ‘wxTreeItemId::wxTreeItemId(void*)’
TVectorTree.cpp:99: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:100: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:101: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:103: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:104: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:105: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:106: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:123: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp: In member function ‘void TVectorTree::OnEvent(wxTreeEvent&)’:
TVectorTree.cpp:167: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:170: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:173: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:181: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp:182: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
TVectorTree.cpp: In member function ‘void TVectorTree::OnActivation(wxTreeEvent&)’:
TVectorTree.cpp:202: error: cast from ‘void*’ to ‘int’ loses precision
TVectorTree.cpp: In member function ‘void TVectorTree::ToggleEnzymeVisibility(TRestrictionEnzyme*)’:
TVectorTree.cpp:223: error: no matching function for call to ‘TVectorTree::GetFirstChild(wxTreeItemId&, long int&)’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/generic/treectlg.h:119: note: candidates are: virtual wxTreeItemId wxGenericTreeCtrl::GetFirstChild(const wxTreeItemId&, void*&) const
TVectorTree.cpp:225: error: no matching function for call to ‘TVectorTree::GetNextChild(wxTreeItemId&, long int&)’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/generic/treectlg.h:121: note: candidates are: virtual wxTreeItemId wxGenericTreeCtrl::GetNextChild(const wxTreeItemId&, void*&) const
TVectorTree.cpp: In member function ‘void TVectorTree::OnRightClick(wxTreeEvent&)’:
TVectorTree.cpp:251: error: cast from ‘void*’ to ‘int’ loses precision
make: *** [TVectorTree.o] Fel 1