Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video thumbnails in nautilus

Default Re: Video thumbnails in nautilus

Got it to work again. Updated gnome-web-photo and reinstalled gstreamer, totem and totem-nautilus ("updated to older version") from OpenSUSE -cd. SOLVED, again thanks to me.
    Chameleon in my heart since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by rollex2 View Post
    Got it to work again. Updated gnome-web-photo and reinstalled gstreamer, totem and totem-nautilus ("updated to older version") from OpenSUSE -cd. SOLVED, again thanks to me.
    Had the same problem, that video thumbnails did not show up in nautilus.
    Maybe after installing the suggested packages via Yast.

Downgrading gstreamer to 0.10.24-3.1 (i586) worked for me as well

Hello,

Most of my previews work, but I have problems showing thumbnails for certain wmv files, like those which has codec like Windows Media Video 9 Advanced (WC*). How to get this to work?

And btw, I can't start nautilus any more from command line. It starts without command line output, and killing nautilus doesn't help either...

Quote Originally Posted by rollex2 View Post
    And btw, I can't start nautilus any more from command line. It starts without command line output, and killing nautilus doesn't help either...
    I would like to solve this. And again, my video thumbnails won't work... I have tried updating and downgrading gstreamer...

Sorry for these double/triple posts, but I have to report my problems. I don't see openSUSE-CD any more in yast, so I cannot install the original gstreamer.
    Also, I say BUMP. I want to know why in earth you can't start nautilus from command line in openSUSE 11.2 to debug...
    Waiting for some kind people to answer and enlight me. Thanks in advance!

Reporting back again...

Now I got opensuse-CD packages in yast, but even downgrading all gstreamer packages and totem packages the thumbnails just won't show up. I'm hopeless. What to try next?

Default [SOLVED] Video thumbnails in nautilus

Okay. Did a small research conserning this problem, and here is what I have achieved.

How to debug, if you don't get nautilus to run from command line:

I figured this out from gconf-editor (desktop > gnome > thumbnailers):

Run from command line: /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer -s 100 file.avi test.jpg, and see what it outputs. This helped me A LOT in this issue.

So, for some reason I didn't have Packman repository enabled at all. I had problems with some wmv files which didn't output any video thumbnails. From command line output I realisez that wmv-demuxer was missing. Installing w32codec-all didn't help.

Then, I enabled Packman repository, and reinstalled every gstreamer packages from that repo, including gstreamer-0_10-ffmpeg and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly, and voil, my problem was solved.

[SOLVED]. Thanks for supporting me, lol.

Rolle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123