Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,020

    Default "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Anybody else had the above? Should I just go ahead and resolve the dependency issues manually in Yast (which involves downgrading one or two components), or ignore the update altogether (it's 11.2 time soon anyway...)?
    Günter

    Desk: Leap 42.2, KDE 5, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,020

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Bump, can't believe no one else had this...
    Günter

    Desk: Leap 42.2, KDE 5, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Why don't you list your repositories (zypper lr -u).

  4. #4
    platinum NNTP User

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    gminnerup wrote:
    > Bump, can't believe no one else had this...


    maybe i'm dumb one, but your subject line doesn't give _me_ enough
    hints to know where to begin..

    what is the "1130.noarch" package you are trying/wanting/needing to
    install?? and, from which repo?

    i'm forced to ask because, for example, a google returns
    <quote> Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "1130.noarch".<end quote>

    both of which gives ZERO new info since both point to your thread..

    i am sure you intended your question to be complete, and i'm sure it
    is easy for you to understand--but for the more simple minded around
    you might read and think on: http://is.gd/2BfI3

    --
    platinum

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,020

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    gminnerup wrote:
    > Bump, can't believe no one else had this...


    maybe i'm dumb one, but your subject line doesn't give _me_ enough
    hints to know where to begin..

    what is the "1130.noarch" package you are trying/wanting/needing to
    install?? and, from which repo?

    i'm forced to ask because, for example, a google returns
    <quote> Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "1130.noarch".<end quote>

    both of which gives ZERO new info since both point to your thread..

    i am sure you intended your question to be complete, and i'm sure it
    is easy for you to understand--but for the more simple minded around
    you might read and think on: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    --
    platinum
    Sorry, you're right of course: I asked a fuller version a week or so ago and there were no takers, but that doesn't excuse this one.
    It concerns a Yast2 upgrade, from the Update repo, that I was offered a week or so ago, and the error message in the title appears when I try to install it. This is openSUSE 11.1, KDE 4.3.1.
    Günter

    Desk: Leap 42.2, KDE 5, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,020

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    Why don't you list your repositories (zypper lr -u).
    Voila:

    Code:
    #  | Alias                | Name                                  | Enabled | Refresh | URI
    ---+----------------------+---------------------------------------+---------+---------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1  | 20090729-225941      | 20090729-225941                       | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server%3a/php%3a/applications/openSUSE_11.1/
    2  | KDE4_Factory         | KDE4 Factory                          | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/
    3  | KDE4_Factory_Desktop | KDE4 Factory Desktop                  | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop/
    4  | OpenOffice           | OpenOffice                            | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1/
    5  | YaST_autoclose_fix   | YaST autoclose fix                    | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://lslezak/openSUSE_11.1/
    6  | multimedia:photo     | multimedia:photo                      | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/photo/openSUSE_11.1/
    7  | repo                 | openSUSE Education                    | Yes     | Yes     | http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/repo/1.0/11.1
    8  | repo-non-oss         | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss                 | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss/
    9  | repo-oss             | openSUSE-11.1-Oss                     | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/oss/
    10 | repo-update          | openSUSE-11.1-Update                  | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.1/
    11 | repo_15              | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla       | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1/
    12 | repo_21              | Packman Repository                    | Yes     | Yes     | http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/11.1/
    13 | repo_6               | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Community | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1/
    Günter

    Desk: Leap 42.2, KDE 5, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

  7. #7
    platinum NNTP User

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    i've just looked at your results from the "zypper lr -u" and kindly
    direct your attention to the numerous places on opensuse.org in which
    it clearly states that you should generally restrict enabled repos to
    a specific four only....to do otherwise is a huge and open invitation
    to a broken system..

    here is one many wiki or forum discussions on that subject:

    http://forums.opensuse.org/install-b...ml#post1908012

    many more can be found using the forum search page..

    i believe if you disable all but the four recommended repos the
    'problem' you seek to resolve in this thread will go away..

    --
    platinum

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,020

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post

    i believe if you disable all but the four recommended repos the
    'problem' you seek to resolve in this thread will go away..

    --
    platinum
    There's no point arguing about beliefs. But beliefs don't explain the conflict between the two versions of Yast2...

    As to the repos: They all have a purpose, mainly to do with newer versions of KDE4 and OpenOffice.
    Günter

    Desk: Leap 42.2, KDE 5, Intel i3, 8Gb, Kingston 64Gb SSD, 2 SATA.
    Lap: Thinkpad T430, Tumbleweed, Intel i5, 8Gb, SSD.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Quote Originally Posted by gminnerup View Post
    Voila:

    Code:
    #  | Alias                | Name                                  | Enabled | Refresh | URI
    ---+----------------------+---------------------------------------+---------+---------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1  | 20090729-225941      | 20090729-225941                       | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server%3a/php%3a/applications/openSUSE_11.1/
    2  | KDE4_Factory         | KDE4 Factory                          | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/
    3  | KDE4_Factory_Desktop | KDE4 Factory Desktop                  | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop/
    4  | OpenOffice           | OpenOffice                            | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1/
    5  | YaST_autoclose_fix   | YaST autoclose fix                    | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://lslezak/openSUSE_11.1/
    6  | multimedia:photo     | multimedia:photo                      | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/photo/openSUSE_11.1/
    7  | repo                 | openSUSE Education                    | Yes     | Yes     | http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/repo/1.0/11.1
    8  | repo-non-oss         | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss                 | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss/
    9  | repo-oss             | openSUSE-11.1-Oss                     | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/oss/
    10 | repo-update          | openSUSE-11.1-Update                  | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.1/
    11 | repo_15              | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla       | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1/
    12 | repo_21              | Packman Repository                    | Yes     | Yes     | http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/11.1/
    13 | repo_6               | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Community | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1/
    What's this "YaST_autoclose_fix?" It's disabled now, but it appears at some point you've updated Yast through the OBS. Is this right?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: "yast2-1130.noarch conflictss with yast2.i586"

    Well for one, how are you getting a Yast2-noarch package in the first place? All I can get are all i586 packages. Go into Yast Software manager and search for Yast. Find the Yast2 that you currently have installed and see where you have it installed from. If it is from that Autoclose fix repository then that's why you're getting the error message. Obviously you can't have two versions of Yast2 installed at the same time so it's asking you which version you want, the updated Yast2 i586 version or the one you currently have installed (the noarch version).

    I would highly advise using the i586 version as this version comes from the update repository, an officially supported repository.

    Take Care,

    Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •