System Update problem

Hello,

On a fresh openSUSE 11.1 install I get update errors when trying to update through “yast” or “zypper” …
I have all the repositories on, but when try to update the system by yast, I get…

**Error
Download failed:
Download (curl) error for ‘http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.1/rpm/x86_64/libpython2_6-1_0-2.6.0-2.19_2.22.1.x86_64.delta.rpm’:
Error code: User abort
Error message: connect() timed out!
Same/similar outputs I also get when trying to run “zypper update” as “su” …

Is there some problem with update servers, or my installation, should I go back to step one and reinstall openSUSE 11.1?

These things often sort themselves out after a couple of days.

What’s the output of

zypper lr --details

@Confuseling

This is my output …

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Typ e | URI | Service

–±----------------±----------------------±--------±--------±---------±— ----±----------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | No | No | 99 | yas t2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0 |
2 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | No | Yes | 100 | NON E | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
3 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 100 | yas t2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
4 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Oss | Yes | Yes | 100 | yas t2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
5 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.1-Source | No | Yes | 100 | NON E | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
6 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.1-Update | Yes | Yes | 20 | rpm -md | Index of /update/11.1 |

I can’t see anything obviously wrong with that - maybe someone else can.

You could try pointing it at a specific mirror

openSUSE Download Mirrors - 11.1

Disable the update repository you’ve got, then replace it with something from there (although you’d have to get the point in the file hierarchy that corresponds to where it’s set to for the mirror selector - sometimes they’re structured weirdly. It’ll be a directory containing an /rpm directory which in turn contains the various architectures).

Personally, I’d wait at least a day, maybe two, before bothering. This could well just be your mirror playing up - they do that.