Thread: GLX problems

Default GLX problems

Hi all,

I have recently decided to do a fresh install of suse 11. Have gotten everything more or less back to what it was.

On install of the nvidia driver via repository i selected the nvidia gfxG02-kmp-pae version 185.18.36_2.6.25.20_0.5.1-6.1 and then yast also automatically selected nvidia gfxG01-kmp-pae version 173.14.18_2.6.25.20_0.5.1-18.2. So i thought well it must know what it is doing and continued to install it. Now the driver is installed and works as i see the nvidia logo before login.

1. Should yast have installed the older version which says it is for the nvidia geforce fx gpu's verion 173...? My graphics card is a nvidia 8400M GS.

2. Also seem to be having a problem with GLX as in the nvidia settings program when you select openGL/GLX information, it says fail to query the GLX server vendor. Is this from the 2 different drivers being installed? Is there anyway of sorting this out ?

could i uninstall the 173 version without repercussions?
    Freedom is power, all i have to do is know how to use it.

Default Re: GLX problems

Have manged to sort out the problem. many thanks

Saw that it was using the 173 version and so uninstalled the whole lot and then restarted, and installed the 185 version and works now
    Freedom is power, all i have to do is know how to use it.