Thread: Open Suse 11.1 - onto LTSP then Kiosk

nenenaiad NNTP User

Default Open Suse 11.1 - onto LTSP then Kiosk

Hi,

I am building up an open suse server to use LTSP in an educational environment with 30 workstations. I have assembled all the hardware, for the server and it all works. Open suse 11.1 was then installed and that works fine. One and a half hours including tea breaks for everything.!

So I now want to install LTSP. I find it harder to find the information that I need with various articles pointing me to different downloadable files and have already used up 2 hours trying to find out which direction to go in. Basically I need to know which version to use.

Can someone answer me this..... Currently I have no internet access for the server in question so need to download an installation disk which will allow me to install LTSP. What should I download and from where?

After installation of LTSP I intend to use Kiosk to tie down the workstations.

I notice that there seems to be TWO kiosk tools that came with OpenSuse 11.1. Which is the one to use ?

Anybody with any answers ?

Regards

Dave

Default Re: Open Suse 11.1 - onto LTSP then Kiosk

Hi Dave

I'm trying "KIOSK Admin Tool" on a working 19 thin clients LAN. However, results are not as expected still. I had some users created and then tried to change their desktops with "KIOSK", but nothing happened to they.

I must try more with this tool, but I'm not sure if it will work (was released on 2004).

What about your experiencie?

Best regards

Rafael