Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Quick: Executing command in winecosole

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PARADISE
    Posts
    929

    Exclamation Quick: Executing command in winecosole

    Mission: Creating a desktop link to automatically launch a command line in wineconsole on dupuble-click without opening the terminal in the first place.
    Do YOU know how to?
    CHECK OUT THESE GitHub PROJECTS!

    https://secupwn.github.io/Android-IMSI-Catcher-Detector/
    https://github.com/SecUpwN/Spotify-AdKiller

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,253
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Quick: Executing command in winecosole

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMask
    Mission: Create a desktop link to automatically launch a command line in
    wineconsole without opening the terminal in the first place.

    Do you know how to?
    Hi
    Just create a script in your ~/bin directory and create a shortcut
    (launcher) to it. For example
    Code:
    #/bin/bash
    /usr/bin/wine [wine options] ~/.wine.....<path_to_executable>
    Make it executable with chmod 700 ~/bin/<name> and you should be good
    to go. Not sure about any options as I use crossover.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.29-0.1-default
    up 3 days 7:05, 2 users, load average: 0.06, 0.15, 0.15
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 190.18


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PARADISE
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: Quick: Executing command in winecosole

    Thanks, but it doesn't work. The wineconsole window quits itself rapidly without any output (tested). I don't use any options here - I just want wineconsole to open a certain batch file located in another folder.
    That batch file itself contains further commands for wineconsole.
    CHECK OUT THESE GitHub PROJECTS!

    https://secupwn.github.io/Android-IMSI-Catcher-Detector/
    https://github.com/SecUpwN/Spotify-AdKiller

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,253
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Quick: Executing command in winecosole

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMask
    Thanks, but it doesn't work. The wineconsole window quits itself rapidly
    without any output (tested). I don't use any options here - I just want
    wineconsole to open a certain batch file located in another folder.
    That batch file itself contains further commands for wineconsole.
    Hi
    So what is the command you run from the terminal to start it?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 6 (i586) Kernel 2.6.31-rc6-3-desktop
    up 20:29, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.08
    ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PARADISE
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: Quick: Executing command in winecosole

    Hey, thanks for being up that early. Over here it's 03:09 in the morning.
    First of all I start wineconsole cmd. Then, in wineconsole cmd the following command should be launched:
    Code:
    cd /home/TheMask/special/launcher.bat
    What I basically want is to create a simple dektop button (inclusively picture) that starts wineconsole without letting the user see it and continues to load the batch in the cmd.
    CHECK OUT THESE GitHub PROJECTS!

    https://secupwn.github.io/Android-IMSI-Catcher-Detector/
    https://github.com/SecUpwN/Spotify-AdKiller

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,253
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Quick: Executing command in winecosole

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMask
    Hey, thanks for being up that early. Over here it's 03:09 in the
    morning.
    First of all I start *wineconsole cmd.* Then, in wineconsole cmd the
    following command should be launched:

    Code:
    --------------------
    cd /home/TheMask/special/launcher.bat
    --------------------


    What I basically want is to create a simple dektop button (inclusively
    picture) that starts wineconsole without letting the user see it and
    continues to load the batch in the cmd.

    Hi
    Not sure of the path but the command to run is wcmd, so do a locate or
    which on wcmd, then create a file in ~/bin, chmod etc

    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd ~/special/
    /usr/bin/wcmd launcher.bat
    Reference: http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Wineconsole

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.29-0.1-default
    up 3 days 9:17, 2 users, load average: 1.48, 0.98, 0.51
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 190.18


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PARADISE
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: Quick: Executing command in winecosole

    Thanks, worked flawlessly.
    CHECK OUT THESE GitHub PROJECTS!

    https://secupwn.github.io/Android-IMSI-Catcher-Detector/
    https://github.com/SecUpwN/Spotify-AdKiller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •