Thread: HP LaserJet P1505

Default HP LaserJet P1505

Hi. I try find anything on this forum to solve my problem, but nothing search. May be u can help me? Every time when I switch on printer appear a window of gnome-cups-add where for me to make a proposal install new printer. How I can get rid of them?

Default Re: HP LaserJet P1505

I have same printer , and works perfect.All you have to do is to add printer in hplip,not in yast.If you added in yast , first remove it.
    Hope this will help
    Registered Linux user # 493441

Quote Originally Posted by serbianSuseUser View Post
    I have same printer , and works perfect.All you have to do is to add printer in hplip,not in yast.If you added in yast , first remove it.
    Hope this will help
    I`m sory - it doesn`t help.The window appear again & again.
    I remove my printer from yast and added it on hplip-tool with a terminal: su - -c "hp-setup". But when I switch on printer, appear gnome-cups-add
    It`s real exasperate

I don't remember typing anything...
    Can't you do this from more applications > system >hptoolbox ? It will ask you for user (root) and pass , nothing more.
    Did you tried "make cups" as root after adding?
    cups is here http://localhost:631 Your printer should be in "printers " tab,if no go "administration" and add it.Use web browser ,naturally.
    Just one thing, when hptool ask you "do you want to download .."(or something similar) say "yes".
    I have no ideas left, so ..good luck

I don't remember typing anything...
    Can't you do this from more applications > system >hptoolbox ? It will ask you for user (root) and pass , nothing more.
    Did you tried "make cups" as root after adding?
    cups is here http://localhost:631 Your printer should be in "printers " tab,if no go "administration" and add it.Use web browser ,naturally.
    Just one thing, when hptool ask you "do you want to download .."(or something similar) say "yes".
    I have no ideas left, so ..good luck
    Hey, man thankx for answers, but I solved problem this way: I install foo2xqx driver from here It`s real work great.

Yes I know about that driver, i also installed (at first somehow hptool did not work,or I did not know how), but hptool works better.
    Try to print a table from OO calc,vertical borders not printing (my case) with foo2xqx driver .I tried with different resolutions.
    With hptool everything works great!

Yes I know about that driver, i also installed (at first somehow hptool did not work,or I did not know how), but hptool works better.
    Try to print a table from OO calc,vertical borders not printing (my case) with foo2xqx driver .I tried with different resolutions.
    With hptool everything works great!
    I think my problem was I forgot add my user in lp group... Do you know where I can read more about groups in Linux?