Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 64 bit chromium anyone?

Default Re: 64 bit chromium anyone?

I got it working, I just had to edit the .desktop file and add my path (as you said in the first post!).

All working nicely here, now I'm really off to bed, thanks again .
    HP dv6645, Nvidia 8400m-gs, KDE 4.

Have a good night
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

Anyone else tried it? Tell us about your experience

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

well i'm having a problem with it i get this error after telling it to import firefox settings
    [10727:10727:2115127660:FATAL:app/gfx/font_skia.cc(90)] Check failed: tf. Could not find font: Adobe New Century Schoolbook
    Trace/breakpoint trap
    And when i delete the chrome.destop in usr share apps and delete the exracted files and redo it according to your instructions i still get the same error and it dont even ask to import firefox settings it just throughs up that error which i know what it is it cant find my font i use in firefox but why after deleting it and reduing the instructions does it keep giving me the error?
    so how to totally get rid of it and redo it?
    i was really wanting to try this out

Try importing stuff later. You don't need to import them straight away. You can import one thing at a time. Where is this font?

Try unpacking it into your home directory and running it from there. But use the terminal to launch it by cd-ing to the chrome dir and typing - ./chrome.

In my case I unpacked it into ~/Apps, and would do this -

Code:
    cd ~/Apps/google-chrome/chrome
    ./chrome
    See if that makes a difference.

Thumbs up Re: 64 bit chromium anyone?

I just installed it. Took me around two minutes and I didn't even have to think. I just copied and pasted, lol.

Works great so far. Youtube does work but I am having some flash issues with Hulu, says I need to install it.

Importing for me worked great. It grabbed my log in info, passwords, bookmarks,etc from Firefox. I am using Chrome right now to post this reply.

Thanks for this Bender. (Being a Futurama fan I never thought I would say those words, lol.)
    Once you install a modem, the government can look into your computer and watch everything you do! That's why every night before I go to bed, I turn the monitor to the wall.

You wouldn't steal chrome would you ??

I'm also a BIG BIG fan of futurama

I'm happy that it works for most of You

P.S. Hmm hulu works for me fine If flash doesn't work on the first go then try to refresh the site.

ok heres where i put the files and unpacked them
    /home/username/chrome
    and followed your instructions
    then ran from terminal in that dir and thats the error i get all the time now even if i delete it and redo it so how do i totally get rid of it now to try it out again without getting that error so it thinks it is the first time it is ran again?

the fonts should be wherever the fonts are installed on the system
    sometimes i just feel like a noooooob lol

Chromium must keep a hidden folder somewhere, although I can't seem to find it. Maybe Bender can help out with that one.

Plus I think KDE4 uses a local copy of fonts, not necessarily the system-wide ones, although I'm just guessing there .

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast