Thread: Pidgin 2.6.1 adds XMPP Voice and Video support

Default Pidgin 2.6.1 adds XMPP Voice and Video support

Anyone tried compiling it yet? Or made a SuSE package? I'd really like to try this out, but whenever I try compiling stuff I always get caught by dependencies and then don't know where to find them...

Default Re: Pidgin 2.6.1 adds XMPP Voice and Video support

I read somewhere that dependency issues are a real mess with this release. Maybe this is why there are no packages yet.

You can either wait until the GNOME developers do build it and get it from their repos (I always get it from there):

Index of /repositories/GNOME:/STABLE:/2.24/openSUSE_11.1

or

Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Community/openSUSE_11.1

Also I did a search on Software.openSUSE.org and it seems at least 2 persons from "home" did build a suse rpm package:
    - home:sdrahn/openSUSE_11.1
    - home:dmitry_serpokryl:Enlightenment-cvs-core-metapackage/openSUSE_11.1

Cheers.

Well I've used that repo "home:sdrahn/openSUSE_11.1" to install pidgin and its look already but its kind of unstable and also I don't see the support for audio and video

Try the other one but somehow I doubt there will be a difference
    Opensuse 11.3 KDE 4.4.4, Windows XP. Vostro 1500 with 2.0Ghz Core2Duo and 8400M GS and DELL wireless 1390 Card
    Office: PCLinuxOS KDE 4.3.5 Whitebox, 2GB RAM, 2.8GHz Pentium 4

pruna NNTP User

Hi! Anyone was lucky using voice and/or video? I've also installed last version from this repos, without luck. regards!

nicko117 NNTP User

The version of sdrahn repo is 2.6.1, but with "Voice and Video: disabled" (you can see it in About menu)

The version of dmitry_serpokryl repo pretend to be 2.6.1, but once installed, it is 2.5.8, so no voice or video either ...

I wonder why such a major evolution in IM world isn't already available at the main 11.1 standard repo ....