Thread: KDE 4.1.3 - Desktop icons locked

Exclamation KDE 4.1.3 - Desktop icons locked

I'm suddenly experiencing a big issue with my KDE desktop. I'm using Folder View and all icons are locked in place, jumping back whenever I try to move them. And yes, 'Lock in Place' is disabled and widgets are unlocked, so it's likely a bug.

I can't update to KDE 4.3 currently so if anyone has a solution to this issue it would help a lot.
    openSUSE Tumbleweed x64, KDE Framework 5

Default Re: KDE 4.1.3 - Desktop icons locked

Hi,

Which Desktop Activity are you currently using? If you right click on your Desktop then choose Desktop Settings, try switching the type to Default Desktop, then try moving your icons.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by ijbreakey View Post
    Hi,

Which Desktop Activity are you currently using? If you right click on your Desktop then choose Desktop Settings, try switching the type to Default Desktop, then try moving your icons.

Take Care,

Ian
    This issue happens for the Folder View desktop, as well as in the Folder View widget. Widgets can be moved correctly, but icons in folder views are stuck I use this desktop type because it's easier to keep and arrange icons with it... I'll switch to the other one if nothing else works.

Never mind, I got it fixed. The problem was something in the Desktop folder in my home/username folder, I deleted and remade it and now it works.