Come on Mods (Taps foot)

I am seeing posts about religion, buying Firewood, etc. Someone is sleeping on the job :wink: I swear if I see one for adult toys and lizards I am out of here rotfl!

By the way I am joking. I know you all get rid of those ads fast. I just like to be a pain in the butt at times, lol.

I see a lizard crawling all over the top of my page by the openSUSE Forums title ā€¦ not sure yet if that is my aging eyesite and arthritic pain thats causing the strange vision ? rotfl!

Funny you should mention that religion spam. I clicked on report but a mod had beat me to nuking it. Who says they are not on the beat?

Hmm, if you are that impatient, maybe you should volunteer to be a spam terminator. :stuck_out_tongue: Cheese, people are so impatient these days, danged whippersnappers canā€™t even wait a millisecond.

What you donā€™t see is how much we nuke before itā€™s ever reported. There is a whole heap of it lying in the mod section.

lol Mods should be able to do it faster then the whole five seconds it takes them now :wink:

Actually I know what it is like trying to filter that crap out. The mods here do a great job, I know it can be a serious pain. But I am always here to help in my own way, yes being a pain is VERY helpful :stuck_out_tongue:

Spam is apparently more important than tougher actions against trolls and ranters. I hope this forum gets an in-flood of them and just sit back, grab the popcorn and be amused in how fast theyā€™ll change their policies and rules :smiley:

mutex1 wrote:
> suse_amd64x2;2028128 Wrote:
>> lol Mods should be able to do it faster then the whole five seconds it
>> takes them now :wink:
>>
>> Actually I know what it is like trying to filter that crap out. The
>> mods here do a great job, I know it can be a serious pain. But I am
>> always here to help in my own way, yes being a pain is VERY helpful :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Spam is apparently more important than tougher actions against trolls
> and ranters. I hope this forum gets an in-flood of them and just sit
> back, grab the popcorn and be amused in how fast theyā€™ll change their
> policies and rules :smiley:
>
>
So censoring differing ideas is more important then getting rid of spam?
I know where my priorities lie.

I just wanted to say that this was not suppose to be a serious thread. It was my poor attempt at humor. I really have to stop doing that or at least get a sense of humor, lol.

I think Iā€™d rather have the Mods consulting about possible trolling and providing warnings when warranted than to have Mods who wake up on the wrong side of the bed making rash decisions while Iā€™m weeding through tons of spam and advertisements.

Sometimes the trolling isnā€™t trolling, but spam is spam forever!

What if spam and troll had children? Is it possible to try to sell someone something, in a way designed purely to annoy them and get a reaction?

Itā€™s a brave new world out thereā€¦

Youā€™ve really never seen a spam/troll thread? A Windows forum I used to frequent was the target of spamming trolls for years. It got so bad, the forum was shutdown.

It can be very annoying to open up what looks like an otherwise perfectly legitimate thread, come to the conclusion that the poster is a troll, and then realize theyā€™re just trying to sell something. The ads can be very subliminal, and by the time you realize it, youā€™ve already been occupied with the thread for at least a half hour.

> What you donā€™t see is how much we nuke before itā€™s ever reported. There
> is a whole heap of it lying in the mod section.

be sure and recycle it!! (send the whole heap to habitual, immature,
complainers)

ā€“
goldie

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 11:26 +0000, suse amd64x2 wrote:
> I am seeing posts about religion, buying Firewood, etc. Someone is
> sleeping on the job :wink: I swear if I see one for adult toys and lizards I
> am out of here rotfl!

You know, if we hadnā€™t fought the war in Iraq, the mod would have taken
care of this by now. Itā€™s trueā€¦ I saw it on TV.

If you feel so strongly against some or all of the mod team you could either contact an admin or contact the openSUSE Board members and voice your concern with them.

so youā€™d rather waste peopleā€™s time due to 5-6 pages troll threads which not only waste time of those involved in, but also wastes mods time due to them having to follow every single reply in such thread, than to have a system where only one warning is given and if violated, thread is closed and the troll is notified that no such practices in here are allowed and if he wants help, he should start a new thread with better wording/language, thus resulting in the most mimimal possible damage and waste of time?

But this goes both ways too. If a long standing member breaks the rules they get the same slap on the wrist as a new ā€œtrollā€ member.

And why was my mutex1 nick banned again? Thatā€™s my old nick going back to just after when Novell took over SUSE, way before this forum even existed, and I use it for reporting bugs. Very niceā€¦

openSUSE Forums Terms

By using your openSUSE Account (also known as a Novell ID) to post on the openSUSE Forums (through web browser, NNTP client, or otherwise), you agree to the documents above, but also to the following openSUSE Forums Terms and Conditions. These forum specific terms supercede any similar terms outlined in the openSUSE Legal Documents or Novell Privacy Policy. **Members may not create or use secondary accounts for deceptive purposes including but not limited to: circumventing the T&C, rejoining the community after being banned or blocked, circumventing staff actions or directions, or posting as different persons.**

Looks like that user name and this one broke the rule as these 2 user names were used to circumvent the 24 hour moderation a mod gave you on the original user name.