Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: TP-link Wireless Card driver for 11.1

  1. #1
    briantoyz NNTP User

    Default TP-link Wireless Card driver for 11.1

    I just installed the opensuse 11.1 KDE and i've been trying to get the driver for my TP-Link TL-WN620G wireless usb. I've checked through the HCL and also Linux wireless LAN support http://linux-wless.passys.nl, and what do u know, my device jst happens to b d only unsupported one in the list

    I would appreciate it if anyone can give any pointers as to how i can get d drivers or get it working.

    Regards,
    Ade.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    U.K East Anglia
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: TP-link Wireless Card driver for 11.1

    Have you had a peek here ? the chaps here have done some sterling work on linux drivers. Also, check out the stickies in the wireless sub-forum,some really good info there

    Andy
    To be is to do = Immanuel Kant
    To do is to be = Descartes.
    Do be do be do = Frank Sinatra

    SuSE user since 7.0,Linux user since 1994

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,925
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: TP-link Wireless Card driver for 11.1

    Quote Originally Posted by briantoyz View Post
    I just installed the opensuse 11.1 KDE and i've been trying to get the driver for my TP-Link TL-WN620G wireless usb. I've checked through the HCL and also Linux wireless LAN support http://linux-wless.passys.nl, and what do u know, my device jst happens to b d only unsupported one in the list

    I would appreciate it if anyone can give any pointers as to how i can get d drivers or get it working.

    Regards,
    Ade.
    Can you post the output of:
    lsusb

    This way we can see the device identifier
    The thing is reported to work on Mandriva One 2007, so I'd say we should be able to get it to work.

    Then again, like me you're in the Netherlands, so why not just pick up a couple of cheap ones (Sweex etc.) and see which one works out of the box. I found out the cheapest Sweexes work out of the box or just need some firmware, that's public available.


    Good luck.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  4. #4
    briantoyz NNTP User

    Default Re: TP-link Wireless Card driver for 11.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Can you post the output of:
    lsusb

    This way we can see the device identifier
    The thing is reported to work on Mandriva One 2007, so I'd say we should be able to get it to work.

    Then again, like me you're in the Netherlands, so why not just pick up a couple of cheap ones (Sweex etc.) and see which one works out of the box. I found out the cheapest Sweexes work out of the box or just need some firmware, that's public available.


    Good luck.
    Unfortunately at the moment i cant post the exact results of the lsusb command cos im at work. but i have checked previously and i think it read:

    "Atheros ar5523 (no firmware)"

    dats not the full info but i'm guessing dats what u looking for?...will post full output wen im bak home.

    thanks,
    Ade

  5. #5
    briantoyz NNTP User

    Default Re: TP-link Wireless Card driver for 11.1

    Quote Originally Posted by deltaflyer44 View Post
    Have you had a peek here ? the chaps here have done some sterling work on linux drivers. Also, check out the stickies in the wireless sub-forum,some really good info there

    Andy
    Also, checked the link and still can't find my card on the list unfortunately. Thanks for the link though, looks very handy to know/have

    Regards,
    Ade

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •