Thread: OpenSuse Firefox Extensions?

Question OpenSuse Firefox Extensions?

What is "OpenSuse Firefox Extensions 1.0" add-on to Firefox, and why can't I uninstall it?

Does it have anything to do with the controversial new Ubuntu "multisearch" extensions (New Firefox Add-on - Ubuntu Forums)? The extension about dialog lists Contributors: Ubufox contributors.

Niclas Ekstedt NNTP User

Default Re: OpenSuse Firefox Extensions?

CanOfWires,

>
    > What is "OpenSuse Firefox Extensions 1.0" add-on to Firefox, and why
    > can't I uninstall it?

I'm not sure what this is. Can't find anything on it. Might it be that this add-
    on was installedinto an earlier firefox version? That might be the reason for
    you being unable to have uninstalled.

--

Perhaps its the default opensuse homepage and some brandings in the about dialog?

But today I got another extension/theme with oxygen icons for my firefox installed automatically by YaST (with Mozilla repo enabled). So since today it fits even better in KDE.

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfWires View Post
    What is "OpenSuse Firefox Extensions 1.0" add-on to Firefox
    Right click on it and you will see its homepage is Mozilla/susefox - openSUSE, where it's explained
    Quote Originally Posted by CanOfWires View Post
    and why can't I uninstall it?
    Why it's installed in /usr/share/mozilla/extensions/ by the MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE package and... there is no way an app without root permissions could be able to modify any file in that path, basic Unix system security.

Install MozillaFirefox-branding-upstream instead and the extension will disappear.
    But you can just disable it...