Is there going to be a opensuse 11.1 KDE4.3 reload cd/dvd?

Hello, Guys

While kde4.2 was release, I used a reload cd to reinstall my work laptop. So anyone knows if there will be a openSUSE 11.1 KDE4.3 reload cd/dvd coming soon?

Thanks,

I do not know what a “reload cd” is …

But there is an openSUSE-11.1 unofficial KDE-4.3. live CD. Read the announcement here: openSUSE News » Unofficial openSUSE KDE 4.3 RPMs and Live CDs

You can download 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the live CD from here: “KDE Four Live” CD](http://home.kde.org/~binner/kde-four-live/)

It is something like openSUSE-11.1-KDE4-Reloaded-LiveCD.x86_64-4.2.4-Build1.2.iso.

I did download a KDE4.3 livecd and installed on my home work station. But for my work laptop, I would prefer an official build for stability.

DVD no, CD sometimes later when more annoying release bugs are fixed and the packages are somewhat more tested. And “KDE Reloaded” is by no single bit more official than “KDE Four Live”. :slight_smile:

That is good to know. I think I will just wait for couple weeks and see if I will reinstall my laptop or not.

chinese ys adjusted his/her AFDB on Friday 07 Aug 2009 16:16 to write:

>
> Beineri;2023118 Wrote:
>> DVD no, CD sometimes later when more annoying release bugs are fixed and
>> the packages are somewhat more tested. And “KDE Reloaded” is by no
>> single bit more official than “KDE Four Live”. :slight_smile:
>
> That is good to know. I think I will just wait for couple weeks and see
> if I will reinstall my laptop or not.
>
>

You could always build your own on the OpenSuSE studio.

Just put in what you want and voila your very own distro

HTH.

Mark
Caveat emptor
Nullus in verba
Nil illegitimi carborundum

Yes, I could use openSUSE studio, however I need an invitation to use it basing on the openSUSE studio page.

I doubt it, since 11.2 is not so far away. And generally reloads are not to introduce new versions of software, but to bundle up all the available patches to reduce the amount of patching after a fresh install. Or to correct a very serious mistake in the masters.

chinese ys adjusted his/her AFDB on Friday 07 Aug 2009 22:46 to write:

> Yes, I could use openSUSE studio, however I need an invitation to use
> it basing on the openSUSE studio page.
>
>

funny things happen and I have just read this by coincidence.
:

Mind the wrap on the link:

http://blog.cornelius-schumacher.de/2009/08/how-to-build-kde-43-distro-with-
suse.html

At the bottom of the page there is a link to an iso that he has created.

HTH

Mark
Caveat emptor
Nullus in verba
Nil illegitimi carborundum