Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Gnome_application

  1. #1
    edilzar NNTP User

    Cool Gnome_application

    Hi, my name is Edilzar, Im from Guatemala. Im using opensuse 11.1, but I have some problems installing a program, because the program has compatibility with gnome 1.2, and gnomes version of my opensuse is 2.14. Can somebody tell me which version of opensuse has gnome 1.2.x, please...Ill be waiting your answers...Thanks!!!

  2. #2
    Camalen NNTP User

    Default Re: Gnome_application

    edilzar wrote:

    > Hi, my name is Edilzar, Im from Guatemala. Im using opensuse 11.1, but
    > I have some problems installing a program, because the program has
    > compatibility with gnome 1.2, and gnomes version of my opensuse is
    > 2.14. Can somebody tell me which version of opensuse has gnome 1.2.x,
    > please...Ill be waiting your answers...Thanks!!!


    Hello :-)

    Which program are you trying to install?

    Greetings,

    --
    Camalen

  3. #3
    edilzar NNTP User

    Default Re: Gnome_application

    Im trying to install visualOS, but I wanna know which Opensuse has gnome 1.2.x, because its one of the programs requirements...Please help me!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,311
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Gnome_application

    Quote Originally Posted by edilzar
    Im trying to install visualOS, but I wanna know which Opensuse has
    gnome 1.2.x, because its one of the programs requirements...Please
    help me!!!!
    Hi
    What are you trying to achieve with a five year old program?? Else you
    probably need to look at installing something like 9.2 or 9.3 if you
    can find an iso.......

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.25-0.1-default
    up 1 day 21:26, 2 users, load average: 0.39, 0.84, 0.88
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 185.18.14


  5. #5
    Camalen NNTP User

    Default Re: Gnome_application

    Malcolm wrote:

    >
    Quote Originally Posted by edilzar
    > Im trying to install visualOS, but I wanna know which Opensuse has
    > gnome 1.2.x, because its one of the programs requirements...Please
    > help me!!!!
    >
    > Hi
    > What are you trying to achieve with a five year old program?? Else you
    > probably need to look at installing something like 9.2 or 9.3 if you
    > can find an iso.......


    I agree. It seems a death (non updated) project:

    http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php/VisualOS

    Just look for another Visual OS simulator that can run on modern systems and
    you can use for learning purposes. Google gave me one, but there must be
    other available out there:

    open source of Visual Operating System
    http://ovsos.sourceforge.net/index.php

    THT

    Greetings,

    --
    Camalen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •