Thread: Updated openSUSE concepts wiki

Blog Entries

Default Updated openSUSE concepts wiki

I updated the openSUSE concepts page: Concepts - openSUSE

Mostly minor updates, although I did add:
    • paragraph on hardware drivers (ie reference to kernel modules)
    • reference to openSUSE community support
    • reference to more applications available due to build service (I need to still clean this up a bit)
    • example in "Linux Directory Structure" section as to where MS-Windows users might look for c: and d: under Linux
    • comment that new users may wish to avoid installing from a tarball

I also removed the example on how to trash one's hard drive. I removed that once before and someone put it back in. I've been fuming over this for some time, and I finally decided to remove it again, and I will keep removing it. Showing so specifically as to how one can actively trash one's system does not belong on such a top level page, and IMHO it simply encourages one to try it either on their own PC, or mischieviously on someone elses.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Updated openSUSE concepts wiki

It dawned on me that a basic concept behind any Linux contribution is its contributors (ie how their support is provided) ... this should have occured to me earlier, but I can be thick at times (as my wife often reminds me). ...

So I changed the new "openSUSE community" section in the concepts wiki to have a bit on where to go to learn how to contribute to openSUSE:
    Concepts - openSUSE - Participation/Contribute

where in essence that just points one to:
    How to Participate - openSUSE