Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Automatically disable Kwin effects

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    260

    Default Automatically disable Kwin effects

    Is it possible to write a script that will disable kwin composing when I start desired app and enable composing when I close that app?
    It can be done with compiz on GNOME:

    Code:
    /usr/bin/metacity --replace &
    googleearth
    /usr/bin/compiz --replace &
    How to make with KDE 4.3?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: Automatically disable Kwin effects

    ALT+SHIFT+F12 toggle composite effects in Kwin4. Maybe you can start from this.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: Automatically disable Kwin effects

    Quote Originally Posted by rozbarwinek View Post
    Is it possible to write a script that will disable kwin composing when I start desired app and enable composing when I close that app?
    It can be done with compiz on GNOME:

    Code:
    /usr/bin/metacity --replace &
    googleearth
    /usr/bin/compiz --replace &
    How to make with KDE 4.3?
    you can install the toggle compositing widget and add it to your task bar it will turn off and on compositing like you so desire

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: Automatically disable Kwin effects

    I know about that.
    I was asking about a script

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: Automatically disable Kwin effects

    Quote Originally Posted by rozbarwinek View Post
    I know about that.
    I was asking about a script
    ok sorry but why use a script when there is something else easier

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: Automatically disable Kwin effects

    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc65 View Post
    ok sorry but why use a script when there is something else easier
    Because my girlfriend will use it and it will be easier for her if composing will automatically disable and re enable itself after closing Google Earth

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •