Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Thumbs down Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

    Trying to update/upgrade from Factory-Oss repo, using zypper refresh or Yast to first refresh the repo fails with the following message, even after replying "yes":

    Code:
    Signature verification failed for file 'content' from repository 'Factory-Oss'.
    Warning: This might be caused by a malicious change in the file!
    Continuing might be risky. Continue anyway? [yes/no] (no):
    The repo is definitely not refreshed. Tried re-enabling it, but no change. Apparently, deleting and re-configuring the repo doesn't help either, and fails with checksum errors. Can still browse the repo with FF.

    Haven't found a workaround, except wait for it to be fixed. Any other ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida usa
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

    Quote Originally Posted by consused View Post
    Trying to update/upgrade from Factory-Oss repo, using zypper refresh or Yast to first refresh the repo fails with the following message, even after replying "yes":

    Code:
    Signature verification failed for file 'content' from repository 'Factory-Oss'.
    Warning: This might be caused by a malicious change in the file!
    Continuing might be risky. Continue anyway? [yes/no] (no):
    The repo is definitely not refreshed. Tried re-enabling it, but no change. Apparently, deleting and re-configuring the repo doesn't help either, and fails with checksum errors. Can still browse the repo with FF.

    Haven't found a workaround, except wait for it to be fixed. Any other ideas?
    [opensuse-factory] factory tree unsigned

    I had the same problem tried deleting the repo and reinstalling no go
    tried deleting the the public key no go etc etc then this came to my inbox


    • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
    • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:51:06 +0200
    • Message-id: <200907291651.06729.coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>


    Hi,

    We tried to fix upload of live cd and during that we possibly
    killed the wrong process...

    Anyway, if you notice that factory repos are unsigned, this is
    not a problem on your side and we're looking into ways to hotfix it.

    Greetings, Stephan
    --
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-factory+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-factory+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by dale14846; 29-Jul-2009 at 08:21. Reason: clarification

  3. #3

    Default Re: Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

    Seems to be going through my God another 1000+ packages...
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Default Re: Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

    @dale14846
    Thanks for lightening response. When I looked at factory mailing list there was nothing. There was quite a gap between that and posting. Glad we have you around.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Default Re: Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

    Quote Originally Posted by FeatherMonkey View Post
    Seems to be going through my God another 1000+ packages...
    That was a quick fix. I hope not a 1000, since I upgraded (partly) to M4 before weekend.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Thumbs up Re: Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

    Yes, it's now working well. Only a 1051 packages to get through, and another 1+GB bites the dust.

    Now, where is that thread solved button. Must be dreaming again.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Factory-Oss repo issue when updating M4

    consused wrote:

    >
    > Yes, it's now working well. Only a 1051 packages to get through, and
    > another 1+GB bites the dust.
    >
    > Now, where is that thread solved button. Must be dreaming again.
    >
    >


    ****! I missed it and it's U/S again.

    --
    Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman not newsboy
    "I wear the cheese. It does not wear me."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •