Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not getting automatic updates notification on OpenSuse 11.1

Default Re: Not getting automatic updates notification on OpenSuse 1

caf : it worked. I just got an auto update pushed. Thanks!
    Need help with cleaning up my repo.

Blog Entries

Please post again

Code:
    zypper lr --details
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

brassy NNTP User

Default Re: Not getting automatic updates notification on OpenSuse 11.1

i think it is probably time to get the developers to focus on the need
    to boost the information available on the left side of the panel where
    repos can be added....

maybe require a special password that can only be receivedn by staying
    connected to a special page on the wiki that explains which repos do
    what and WHICH should be on all the time and which should NOT...and
    THEN give a TIMED exam with FIVE randomly changing questions (to make
    cheating impossible) and require a minimum score of 99%.....

of course the alternative could be to just start advertising NO
    READING REQUIRED, EVER!

--
    brassy

Here is the latest. I will get rid of google since i don't use maps app. Also note that i use GNOME desktop only - no KDE.

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    ---+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | Google | Google | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/i386 |
    2 | Packman Repository | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1 |
    3 | openSUSE-11.1-Updates | openSUSE-11.1-Updates | Yes | Yes | 20 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.1 |
    4 | repo | NVIDIA Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.1 |
    5 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    6 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
    7 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Oss | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    8 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.1-Source | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    9 | repo_1 | Main Repository (NON-OSS) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
    10 | repo_10 | openSUSE BuildService - Virtualization (QEMU) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Virtualization:/Qemu/openSUSE_11.1 |
    11 | repo_11 | openSUSE BuildService - Virtualization (VirtualBox) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Virtualization:/VirtualBox/openSUSE_11.1 |
    12 | repo_12 | openSUSE BuildService - X11:Compiz | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/Compiz/openSUSE_11.1 |
    13 | repo_13 | openSUSE BuildService - XFCE | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_11.1 |
    14 | repo_14 | openSUSE BuildService - Drivers for webcams | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/drivers:/webcam/openSUSE_11.1 |
    15 | repo_15 | openSUSE BuildService - Games | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.1 |
    16 | repo_16 | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1 |
    17 | repo_17 | openSUSE BuildService - Database | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/database/openSUSE_11.1 |
    18 | repo_18 | openSUSE BuildService - Mail Server | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/mail/openSUSE_11.1 |
    19 | repo_19 | openSUSE BuildService - PHP | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.1 |
    20 | repo_2 | Main Repository (OSS) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    21 | repo_21 | VideoLan Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.1/ |
    22 | repo_22 | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1 |
    23 | repo_23 | openSUSE Education | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /download/repo/1.0/11.1 |
    24 | repo_24 | ATI Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://www2.ati.com/suse/11.1 |
    25 | repo_3 | openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Builds | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.1 |
    26 | repo_4 | openSUSE BuildService - GNOME:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    27 | repo_5 | openSUSE BuildService - GNOME:STABLE | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1 |
    28 | repo_6 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Backports | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1 |
    29 | repo_7 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    30 | repo_8 | openSUSE BuildService - Mono:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Mono:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    31 | repo_9 | openSUSE BuildService - OpenOffice.org | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1 |

Blog Entries

Delete them all then add back these:

Oss
    Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss

non-oss
    Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss

Update
    Index of /update/11.1

Packman
    Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1

===============================================

If you have a video card ati or nvidia then add one from here
    Additional YaST Package Repositories - openSUSE
    ===============================================

You must set the priority of OSS and NON-OSS to 120
    Updates to 20
    Leave everything else
    ================================================
    Once done. Go to Yast - Software Management
    Filter by Repository
    Select 'System' (It should be the first in the list)
    Then from the 'Package' menu button along the top select Update all in this list Unconditionally.
    You can watch a video of the principle here: carl4926 - Unconditional Update in Yast Software management
    ===========================================

If there are any repo's you think you NEED other than the one I posted fair enough.
    Leap 15.1_KDE

If i do this what happens to the existing installations from the repos i delete. For eg. if i remove/disable the Videolan repo then how does the VLC player i currently have get upgrades/updates?

Secondly, since i use GNOME; i do not get a menu on top of my Yast - Software manager. How do i get the menu? Am i missing something here?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddas4 View Post
    If i do this what happens to the existing installations from the repos i delete. For eg. if i remove/disable the Videolan repo then how does the VLC player i currently have get upgrades/updates?

Secondly, since i use GNOME; i do not get a menu on top of my Yast - Software manager. How do i get the menu? Am i missing something here?
    You should only have ONE package from videolan and that's 'libdvdcss'. VLC player should be from Packman.
    Your packages will be fine, many may roll back to different versions.
    Gnome Yast is a bit crappy, you need the QT UI
    Can do it this way: How To Get QT zypper GUI in GNOME YAST - openSUSE Forums
    ================================================

To be honest your system is in a bit of a mess. But removing the repos will not delete software, but some of it could be orphaned.
    Leap 15.1_KDE

I will do a QT UI - it seems to unlock hidden functionalities (i love linux) :-) I am a little confused about the following repos and would need your advice. The fact is, there are some packages pulled from these repos but i am unsure if they will be available from the enabled packages later. And orphaned RPMs means no more updages/upgrades!

11 | repo_11 | openSUSE BuildService - Virtualization (VirtualBox) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Virtualization:/VirtualBox/openSUSE_11.1 |
    12 | repo_12 | openSUSE BuildService - X11:Compiz | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/Compiz/openSUSE_11.1 |
    13 | repo_13 | openSUSE BuildService - XFCE | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_11.1 |
    14 | repo_14 | openSUSE BuildService - Drivers for webcams | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/drivers:/webcam/openSUSE_11.1 |
    15 | repo_15 | openSUSE BuildService - Games | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.1 |
    16 | repo_16 | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1 |
    17 | repo_17 | openSUSE BuildService - Database | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/database/openSUSE_11.1 |
    19 | repo_19 | openSUSE BuildService - PHP | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.1 |
    30 | repo_8 | openSUSE BuildService - Mono:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Mono:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    31 | repo_9 | openSUSE BuildService - OpenOffice.org | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1 |
    26 | repo_4 | openSUSE BuildService - GNOME:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    27 | repo_5 | openSUSE BuildService - GNOME:STABLE | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.1 |
    28 | repo_6 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Backports | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1 |
    29 | repo_7 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |

Blog Entries

Basically most of these repos offer the same and some extra packages. Often the packages are newer than would be available from OSS. If packages are installed from one of those and are not available in your remaining repo's you will have an orphaned package/s. It will still be installed but no updates to it, obviously.
    It can take time to sort thru
    But in Yast Software Management
    Filter by repo
    select in turn each in your list
    Look thru the packages with the version filer and it will tell you where packages are from.

Maybe you should just leave it be. See how you get on, we sorted your main issue?!
    Leap 15.1_KDE

I like your focus. I had almost forgotten that i resolved my main issue. This is what i think i will do:
    > install QT UI (man i like it!)
    > disable repos which haven't installed any packages on my system

Is there a place where i can get the list of 'default' repos that are enabled with a LiveCD 11.1 installation?

Thank you for all your help !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast