Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opera 9.64 JAVA

Blog Entries

Default Re: Opera 9.64 JAVA

Quote Originally Posted by rosswmcgee View Post
    Yes that file is in the the suse 11.1 system.

This is the Opera plugin path:

/usr/lib/opera/plugins:/usr/lib/flash-plugin:/usr/lib64/browser-plugins:/usr/lib/browser-plugins

This is the Java Path:

/usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64/libjava.so

After starting Opera and go to content, Java is always unchecked. To check the path I must enable Java. I guess there is a valid reason for this? Also the Java path is always not validated. Question, does Opera validate your path?
    Opera is just fine for me, but I'm 32bit. I do recall an issue I had which IIRC is the same as yours. On a _64 box. I did solve it, but I can't recall how! See what FeatherMonkey has to say, he's very good.
    I have some ideas, but I would like to hear his input.

Can I suggest you don't bork the working Java you now have in FF. It took us long enough to sort that!
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

I'm out of ideas I was just wondering if 32bit had got involved in the mix. Also was a little confused as I was finding 62 not 64 but didn't look at update.

The only thing I can think of, after a quick google is it is definitely like konqueror as in it uses the same path no plugin but the runtime directly. If you have konqueror working then the same path "should" work in opera. Going on my konqueror install this looks like it is the same as which java which for me on 11.2 comes back as /usr/bin/java but you need to run
    Code:
    which java
    Edit
    You also have some more specifics here I suspect it will be relatively similar to the path from the looks of things use tab to auto fill the path..
    http://www.opera.com/support/kb/view/459/ i.e cat /usr/lib/jvm/[tab][tab]

Edit2
    Looks like you're adding too much to the path. Try /usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

Blog Entries

OK.
    So my suggestion, on the basis that you screwed something up somewhere. No promises.

Delete Opera
    Make sure it's all gone by doing a search (opera) from the top of the tree: /
    let it drill down the tree and see if it finds anything (delete as necessary - You may need to be su)
    Remember the .opera in hidden /home/user/

For the heck of it, reboot.
    Re-install opera
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

linux-6y9y:/home/rosswmcgee # which java
    /usr/bin/java
    linux-6y9y:/home/rosswmcgee #

I have looked at the wiki many times to no avail.

Did you notice edit2, I think you're adding too much..
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

/usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64

This path is validated, but applets still not working.

I'll wait and see if Feather Monkey can take it from here first then try it if all else fails. I did re install Opera yesterday but as you say perhaps it was not completely gone.

Ok well don't just test it on one set, from what I remember of Konqueror this was/is a miserable way of running applets(I had more java problems with Konqueror than any other browser). Check a few bits I have little understanding of java.

Also you may need to restart the browser after changing sometimes it still has what it started with.

I really can't assist further if you have it validating it could be java directly vs the plugin for that you'll need a java guru.

I love the bork adjetive!

I ran into a problem similar to this a few months ago. With versions prior to 9.64, it was actually a bug with Opera and how it interacted with java, but 9.64 was supposed to fix it. I haven't experienced this problem since then but from your experience it looks like more than one thing can cause it.

I found this thread on Opera's support forums that offers a solution. Why don't you try this?

[solved] Can't activate Java - Opera browser - Opera Community

Alternatively you can try the v10 beta. While it still crashes occasionally and suffers from a few memory leaks, it works well and all plugins are working as they should (ymmv).
    My personal philosophy:
    The only way you won't find something is if you stop looking.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast