Thread: GNOME Commander Search

Default GNOME Commander Search

I did not like Nautilus file manager that installs with the GNOME desktop so I installed GNOME Commander. It shows what I want to see about my file system. I like it a lot (particularly the 2 screen layout) once I got rid of the dark blue background that makes everything unreadable on my screen.

However, the "Search" function does not seem to work (Edit --> Search or Alt+F7). The search box appears but when I enter the parameters, nothing happens except the box disappears. Looking in the manual, I notice that the Search Section (3.8 - Searching for Files) is empty.

The GNOME Commander version that came with the boxed openSUSE 11.0 is 1.2.5

Is this something I am doing wrong or is the search function a work in progress with this file manager? Are there better alternatives?
    #1 - openSUSE Leap 42.3; AMD A6-3670; Radeon(tm) HD; 8gb memory; 500 gb HD; KDE 5.8.7
    #2 - openSUSE Leap 42.2; Toshiba Satellite L70-A (Dual Boot - Win10); KDE 5.8.3
    #3 - openSUSE Leap 42.3; AMD A6-6400K; Radeon HD; 8gb memory; 1tb HD; KDE 5.8.7

Default Re: GNOME Commander Search

Mayby Krusader is an option. I don't use it yet, but the screens are nice and I'm installing it right now.
    Last edited by OrangeSuse; 26-Jul-2009 at 05:03. Reason: insert a link
    Coffee is like Linux, only cool people use it. Tea is like Windows, only losers use it.

Default Re: GNOME Commander Search

I've installed Krusader and I like it for so far. The search function is much better than the searchtool in Nautilus.
    Krusader looks and works like Total Commander.
    Coffee is like Linux, only cool people use it. Tea is like Windows, only losers use it.