Thread: compiz , fusion , X11:XGL , repo broken ?

Hybrid View

Default compiz , fusion , X11:XGL , repo broken ?

I updated compiz today on one of my workstations now everything is all out of order. windows freezing , no window decorator running.
    Code:
    compiz-decorator --replace &
    doesnt help either. After looking at the versions all the compiz fusion stuff is at .7.x release and the gnome compiz stuff is at .82 , is something wrong with the official repos ? Even the one click installer on the suse/compiz page is bringing dependancy errors. Tried 1 click, didnt help. deinstalled everything and tried everything manually removed the ~/config/compiz and let zypper do its magic but its still broken . Only thing is to completely deactivate all effects. Am I missing something here ?

Default Re: compiz , fusion , X11:XGL , repo broken ?

just fixed it downgraded everything back to .78 and its all working again.

Hi,

Did you remember to remove all your previous compiz packages before trying to upgrade? If not then you'll get dependency errors that are easily fixed. I've found out through a lot of reading and work, that you just need to do a few things to get it to work right. Check this thread out on getting compiz up and running.

Compiz hell ? Need help - openSUSE Forums

If you have any problems just post back here and we'll get you sorted out.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Thanks for that link very useful, I guess my search foo wasn't to good yesterday . I did finally manage to update to .8.2 The problem was somewhere in my user profile. (With a fresh test user everything was working, but with my user account I wasn't getting a window decorator, even after complete reinstall like in the post, and deleting ~/config/compiz) So after creating a new one it started working again. I'm not sure as to what exactly but something somewhere got corrupted in their.