Thread: Uninstall SuSE Linux 11.1 64bit version WITHOUT vista CD

seagull21345 NNTP User

Default Uninstall SuSE Linux 11.1 64bit version WITHOUT vista CD

originally, i got a windows vista in my laptop,
    I installed 64 bit version yesterday

but it seems quite slow when surfing in the internet, also the scrolling is draggy sometimesa..

i am considering replacing it with a 32 bit version

the thing is :

any possibility safely uninstall the whole linux WITHOUT a windows vista installation CD

any help would be appreciated

Default Re: Uninstall SuSE Linux 11.1 64bit version WITHOUT vista

the problem your having probably isn't due to being 64bit it is more than likely your video drivers arent install

1) Installing the 32 bit version straight over the top and formatting the suse partitions would erase all relevant traces of the 64 bit version - no need to uninstall. The only bits that can survive formatting are grub and the partition table - they won't affect this.

2) Try disabling ipv6. You can do this in firefox quite simply by typing 'about:config' in the address bar, then typing 'ipv6' in the filter box, then setting the flag to disable it to true. It's a common source of internet slowness. If that works for firefox, you can set about trying to disable it globally in YaST.

seagull21345 NNTP User

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc65 View Post
    the problem your having probably isn't due to being 64bit it is more than likely your video drivers arent install
    I download the tar.gz file as video driver from Intel offical site for my "Integrated Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100".

So, i simply:

./configure
    make
    make install

is that correct?