Thread: How to uninstall Xen?

Default How to uninstall Xen?

I installed Xen on this laptop (just to play with it), only to be told that my processor doesn't support virtualization when I tried to start it. Since that time, even though I'm booting into the previous kernel, the laptop hangs when it goes to screensaver.

How does one uninstall all traces of Xen? The "Virtualization" tab in Yast installed it, but there's no uninstall option(!).

I don't mind manually deleting everything, if I just know every thing to delete!

Default Re: How to uninstall Xen?

Hi, I guess yast should clear it well enough for you Go to Yast->Software management, and search for xen or kernel-xen combination and select to remove it.

Blog Entries

Remember too there is a history file at /var/log/zypp
    Helps identify exactly what was added.
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by arcull View Post
    Hi, I guess yast should clear it well enough for you Go to Yast->Software management, and search for xen or kernel-xen combination and select to remove it.
    As a matter of fact, that seemed to work with Suse. I tried it with CentOS and got all sorts of errors (including the fact that it uninstalled Gnome!!!).

Thanks.

On SuSE 11.2 XEN uninstalled beautifully with no trouble even altering Grub screen correctly by this method of click installed programs, search for Xen, remove all found files
    Regards
    Eionmac
    openSUSE LEAP 15 , Windows 10 ; Various old computers dual boot and Live Linux distros