Thread: Integrating Firefox theme with desktop theme?

Default Integrating Firefox theme with desktop theme?

Is there anyway to get Firefox to adopt the global theme being used on the desktop? After spending a while messing with customising my desktop theme, firefox now stands out like a sore thumb as it doesn't match. There are no firefox themes that look anything like what I created so short of creating my own FF theme is there anything I can do?

The same applies to Thunderbird.
    IBM Thinkpad X60s | Intel L2400 | Intel 945GM | 3GB | openSUSE Tumbleweed
    Dell XPS 13 9360 | openSUSE Leap 42.3

Default Re: Integrating Firefox theme with desktop theme?

iirc you have a setting in desktop settings make gtk apps use kde prefs set this.
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

Thanks. I just looked at that but don't really understand how to set it up. I'm useing KDE 4.2.4. I go to Configure Desktop>Appearance>GTK Styles and Fonts. There I have GTK Styles with a blank drop down which when clicked lists things like clearlooks, Crux, QTCurve, etc. But none of these style names match the style names I have on for my desktop.

Does that sound right to you?

OK I need to expand this a little more.

First thing is to get kde4-gtk-qt-engine, then use the settings.iirc it wasn't until I got this that the setting appeared in Desktop Settings => Appearance => Gtk Styles ...

Software.openSUSE.org
    (As with any one click use the correct one and unless you need to don't keep the repo's enabled and as you've not missed them before it is highly unlikely you need to keep them enabled so unclick the check box.)

Now you should have a radio button, to check.
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

Thanks that did it..

No problem, apologies for first reply did it without checking wasn't till I went looking. Then when I went looking for the package I hit a bit of a wall don't know why this package is not in the usual suspects(Or installed). I expected to find it in the normal kde42 repo, or even the 4.1.3 in OSS.