Thread: Time Format?

Default Time Format?

alright I know this is a stupid question but I cant for the life of me remember how to change the format the time is displayed in kde (by default it's displayed in military time and I just want the regular A.M/P.M format) right clicking on the clock doesn't bring up the menu to do this.

alright answered it it's in the country/region & language app... kind of an inconvenient place for it though
    Last edited by threatingbehaviour; 05-Jul-2009 at 22:09. Reason: answered my own stupid question

Default Re: Time Format?

Quote Originally Posted by threatingbehaviour View Post
    alright I know this is a stupid question but I cant for the life of me remember how to change the format the time is displayed in kde (by default it's displayed in military time and I just want the regular A.M/P.M format) right clicking on the clock doesn't bring up the menu to do this.

alright answered it it's in the country/region & language app... kind of an inconvenient place for it though
    Do not think it is a strange place for it. This is very regional!. What you call "regular" is indeed very strange and confusing in my region.
    Henk van Velden

Default Re: Time Format?

Kickoff (Start)-->Configure Desktop-->Regional & Language--> Click on the Time & Date tab--> adjust the Time format from drop down list.

Oddly, you do NOT do this through the Time & Date menu in Configure Desktop, but through Regional. This is a very small thing but it is very poor design.