Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to Firefox 3.5

Default Re: Upgrading to Firefox 3.5

I will wait FF says fix is on the way. I deleted the repo and will follow your direction after fix arrives.

I see the 3.5 upgrade now in the Software Management so either I missed it or it just arrived. I am still learning the Suse way of doing things. I started out years ago with Lindows, then Linspire, then Ubuntu and now Suse. There are some things Suse does better., but they are all a wee different. Right now I am listening to police radio calls, but the stream drops off for some reason in Suse, so I am wondering whats missing.

I added the repo, and after that deleted the old 3.0-version with Software Management in Yast. Then I searched Firefox and/or Mozilla, selected something with version 3.5.
    Everything was okay, and 3.5 is now runing. I think is runs different and sometimes a little slow, but there is another thread about that.

I had no joy here as I use the 32bit version of firefox (with xulrunner 32 bit) on a 64 bit system and it wouldn't work in that combination.

I have just unloaded firefox 3.5 and installed 3.0.11 again :-(
    I think the new ff was slow at different points. It was a 32-bit system I am using at the moment. Didn't notice the question was at 64-bit - sorry!

I have tried several ways now without success to upgrade to 3.5 but each time it says must be done manually. If I try xlurunners or branding it is the same, every thing wants to be done manually. I probably need a sys cleanup, or a new clean install and start all over.

Blog Entries

Save me reading right back thru this
    What is the problem?

Add the Mozilla repo and then do update all in this list if newer ver avail from Yast software managment
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

No matter which way I try it says conflicts exist. So in my first attempt to use Suse11.1 I probably have some things out of kilter so to speak. So what is the best way to square the system away?

Blog Entries

Open Yast -Software Management
    Filter by repo and select Mozilla
    From the menu along the top select Packages and in the drop box select Update all in this list Unconditionally

If there is an error, please use the expert button to save it to file and then copy that exact info here for me.
    Let me show you what is installed on mine:
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

I just upgraded all the mozilla files. There was no menu to select packages. Or update them. They upgraded without conflict. ff 3.5 is installed. you da man!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast