What is the "window class" name for GTK apps?

I’m using KDE 4.3 RC in conjunction with the Nitrogen window manager theme for KWin and I love it. The only problem, however, is that the title-bar is two-toned and has a fade (radial blending) that makes GTK apps stick out like a sore thumb (as is the case with the oxygen, and ozone themes.) A bummer, but with Nitrogen you can use a “window class” name for apps and change the behavior! Here’s where things get tricky:

I don’t know the window class name for GTK apps :(. I tried “GTK.Window” and “GTK” and I’m all out of ideas. Google was no help, but I’m hoping someone here can help me.

Use KDE4’s window class identifier. Go to Configure Desktop (Personal Settings) click Window Behavior. Click Window Specific. Click New. The bottom option is Detect Window Properties. Then click the application you want to identify and the next window will give you the window class, role, type, and title.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Thanks, but there’s nothing in there that can be used to specify only the GTK apps. I’m starting to doubt that a universal reference for all GTK-only windows exists that can actually be used with Nitrogen :(…

It looks like one needs to specify the window class for all GTK apps by themselves. I am going to ask Nitrogen’s developer if he cane make the bar automatically detect GTK apps and set them to “No blending”