Thread: [opensuse 11.1 x86-64] devede issue /usr/lib64/libgvfscommon

Default [opensuse 11.1 x86-64] devede issue /usr/lib64/libgvfscommon

hi all

all was fine before I try to make DVD to my wifes mom )))))

so I run DeVeDe

but some buttons not work, I run it from terminal
    and see that glib and gtk+ that I have, is earlier versions that required devede

so i add GNOME:Factory 11.1 repo

update gtk+ and glibc related articles

and run program one more

buttons start working ))))
    but I have a crash of devede with this

Code:
    (devede:29977): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: invoking IsSupported() failed for remote volume monitor with dbus name org.gtk.Private.HalVolumeMonitor: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "IsSupported" with signature "" on interface "org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor" doesn't exist

python: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libgvfscommon.so.0: undefined symbol: g_icon_new_for_string
    so it is does not any big matter to me because AFAIU this in not fixed for now, so I try to downgrade glibc and gtk+

and this can be usefull for maintainers. it is a pitty I could not understand howto use bugzilla, to report such troubles in right way
    so I hope this can be usefull

PS:
    sorry I forgot to list my repos
    Code:
    :~> zypper lr
    #  | Псевдоним            | Имя                                     | Включён | Обновление
    ---+----------------------+-----------------------------------------+---------+-----------
    1  | 20090511-102238      | 20090511-102238                         | Да      | Да        
    2  | GNOME:Backports:2.28 | GNOME:Backports:2.28                    | Да      | Да        
    3  | GNOME:Community      | GNOME:Community                         | Да      | Да        
    4  | GNOME:Factory        | GNOME:Factory                           | Да      | Да        
    5  | KDE:Qt45             | KDE:Qt45                                | Да      | Да        
    6  | Libdvdcss repository | Libdvdcss repository                    | Да      | Да        
    7  | Packman Repository   | Packman Repository                      | Да      | Да        
    8  | google64             | google64                                | Да      | Нет       
    9  | home:fseidel         | home:fseidel                            | Да      | Да        
    10 | home:lmich           | home:lmich                              | Нет     | Нет       
    11 | home:radist_tagan    | home:radist_tagan                       | Нет     | Нет       
    12 | mozilla              | mozilla                                 | Да      | Да        
    13 | mozilla:beta         | mozilla:beta                            | Да      | Да        
    14 | openSUSE 11.1-0      | openSUSE 11.1-0                         | Нет     | Нет       
    15 | repo                 | Основной репозиторий (NON-OSS)          | Да      | Да        
    16 | repo-debug           | openSUSE-11.1-Debug                     | Нет     | Да        
    17 | repo-source          | openSUSE-11.1-Source                    | Нет     | Да        
    18 | repo-update          | openSUSE-11.1-Update                    | Да      | Да        
    19 | repo_1               | Основной репозиторий (OSS)              | Да      | Да        
    20 | repo_2               | openSUSE BuildService - Сборки CVS Wine | Да      | Да        
    21 | rpm.code             | rpm.code                                | Да      | Да        
    22 | server:messaging     | server:messaging                        | Да      | Да
    Last edited by didencool; 27-Jun-2009 at 01:10. Reason: i forgot to list my repos
    intelGMA3100#amd|radeonHD4200+radeonHD5450@catalyst12.4
    WC5020B,PagePro1480MF,LBP2900,hpCP1510,PHOTO1290,Scanmaker3600,PerfectionV200

Blog Entries

Default Re: [opensuse 11.1 x86-64] devede issue /usr/lib64/libgvfsco

I wouldn't use QT45.

If you are using devede from packman, which would seem to be the wise choice. You should report the problem there. Go to Packman site find the devede package and there is a link to contact the Packager and Packman at the same time.

It is also recommended that Videolan (VLC) repo is disabled once you have installed libdvdcss. Then update all unconditionally in Packman. Accept vendor changes to Packman when asked.

In the mean time try Mandvd
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

thank you for your reaply

I am try goes back to stable gnome now

It is also recommended that Videolan (VLC) repo is disabled
    yeah thanks I do that right now

Then update all unconditionally in Packman
    not all clear to me. what did you mean? just reinstall devede from packman repo?
    I have DeVeDe from repo: openSUSE Build Service
    ~> zypper if devede
    Загрузка данных репозитория...
    Чтение установленных пакетов...

Сведения - пакет devede:

Репозиторий: 20090627-112348
    Версия: 3.13.1-13.1
    Архитектура: noarch
    Производитель: openSUSE Build Service
    Установлен: Да
    Состояние: устарел (установлена версия 3.13.1-0.pm.1)
    Размер после установки: 2,8 M
    Сводка: DeVeDe, a video DVD creator
    Описание:
    DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, sVCD or CVD), suitables for home players,
    from any number of video files, in any of the formats supported by Mplayer.
    The big advantage over other utilities is that it only needs Mplayer, Mencoder, DVDAuthor, VCDImager and MKisofs
    (well, and Python, PyGTK and PyGlade), so its dependencies are really small.

Author: Sergio Costas <raster@rastersoft.com>
    Accept vendor changes to Packman when asked
    this I got
    In the mean time try Mandvd
    I also try it, but it looks very complicated to me (
    did not missunderstand me it really cool look like, it has wonderfull look, but when I want to simply compile DVD-video from .avi I did not find howto do that in a simple way

Blog Entries

Quote:
    Then update all unconditionally in Packman
    not all clear to me. what did you mean? just reinstall devede from packman repo?

I mean open Yast - Software Management - Filter by Repositories
    Select Packman from the list
    Now from the Packages Menu at the top of the screen, from the drop down, select Update all in this list Unconditionally.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

thank you I got this )))
    I will try this shortly