Thread: Help with Wine : Cannot run splintercell chaos theory

Default Help with Wine : Cannot run splintercell chaos theory

hi

i've installed SplinterCell Chaos Theory. I launched the game by clicking on the desktop icon. wine runs processes for a while but then nothing happens. i opened the directory /home/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft/Tom Clancy's SplinterCell Chaos Theory/System and clicked on the splintercell3.exe file. the flash screen appears and then dissapears. so i tried to run the command: wine splintercell3.exe. i got the following error:
    wine: could not load L"C\windows\\system32\\splintercell3.exe": Module not found

I tried to configure SplinterCell with winecfg. i clicked on the add application but the Ubisoft folder was not listed under the "Program Files" folder.

any help would be appreciated.
    thx

Default Re: Help with Wine : Cannot run splintercell chaos theory

Check the wine website as well as the crossover website and see if the game is supported. Crossover gives a list of supported programs and if it isn't listed, the chances are wine doesn't support it either.

Default Re: Help with Wine : Cannot run splintercell chaos theory

This looks to be of interest. Apparently one guy got it working...

Quote Originally Posted by heinstein86 View Post
    hi
    wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\splintercell3.exe": Module not found
    Anyway, you got that error because you're doing it wrong. You should open up a console window, navigate to where the game is installed (cd "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft/Tom Clancy's SplinterCell Chaos Theory/System") then try to run the application (wine splintercell3.exe).
    To be honest, you're probably not going to have much luck. If you really care, you can submit a bug report (for wine, not for OpenSUSE), vote for the application and pray.

If you're really desperate, try dualbooting.