Thread: Slab Main Menu

Default Slab Main Menu

Hi,

Is there a way for the average user to edit the image and name used on the panel icon for the slab main menu?

I found this post Gnome Panel Or Slab - openSUSE Forums where they mention the Glade IDE.
    I've installed it and poked around, but I'm not sure if it's wise to attempt it, as I'm not a programmer.

Anyone care to share their wisdom!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OpenSUSE 12.1 64-bit, Gnome 3.4.1, Kernel Linux 3.1.10-1.9-desktop

Default Re: Slab Main Menu

I decided to have go with the Glade IDE, and this is the result ,

I don't know if there is an easier way to modify this button, but if anyone knows feel free to share.

Now if I can work out how to make the image fit the full height of the button, I'll be happy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: Slab Main Menu

I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Just in case someone else wants to try this. You have to use Glade-2 to do this. Glade-3 re-writes the whole file differently and the Applications, Documents and Places buttons change to radio buttons.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone, who like me, are silly enough to play with things they have no idea about.