CTRL + C doesn't work well :D :D :D

Nasty bug appears in opensuse 11.1 KDE 4.2.4, which haven’t change from KDE 4.0. Most of the time, when I CTRL+C and then CTRL+V, I don’t see the text I have just copied, but text I’ve copied before that… I have to pump CTRL+C 4-5 times, and then the result is correct. This is insane :smiley: Any ideas?

I have not had this issue. At least not the frustrating extent you seem to have had.
The only time this fails for me is when copying the text from the sysinfo: screen. Even if I use the mouse rt click copy, it fails. The info IS however in the clipboard, so I have to mouse to clipper and click the text.

Otherwise Ctrl+c /v
work fine

Sad but true - actually this bug really exits and happens sometimes, what to say KDE4. XD
ps.: do not open a bug report, they’ll leave it unconfirmed for years. :slight_smile:

Yes , I do also face the same problem with Ctrl C/V. But as Caf said the text is there in Klipper so I select it from there…

Ctrl+C/V is one of the most basic operations. …even in KDE it’s working only with additional applications. :X

Ever tried to disable Klipper and close it forever? :slight_smile: It worked like a charm for me. :wink:

> Ctrl+C/V is one of the most basic operations.

only for ex-microsofties…as i never use it…

instead, i always (with right hand) use Ctrl+Insert (to copy) and
Shift+Insert (to paste)…

so, ymmv!

.~.
/V
/( )
^^-^^ natural_pilot

Okay you have a lot of workaround for doing copy/paste - but it’s still a nasty bug. :slight_smile: