can not save doc with OpenOffice ext

When an outside doc (such as win. pps) is ‘saved as’ and the system ask to save with an odp ext it will not save the doc. The window comes back and nothing is saved. If the ‘keep current format’ button is chosen it will save the document.

Help please.

Search the forums, there were several problems like this one. If you have upgraded your OpenOffice packages downgrade them back to the version what is available on the DVD.
Good luck.

I think this is a regression. Previously, if you selected ‘Save’ and then an ODF format for an external document, you were taken to a fresh screen from which you saved. However, if you select ‘Save as’ and specify the document format, it saves to the ODF format - but it does not always add the extension now though the file is in the new format without the extension as KDE shows - I have yet to check whether I can alter this behaviour.

Same thing happened with me, select the ODF extension and after clicking to the Save button it returns the file dialog - without saving the file.
Others also mentioned that there is no description for the .odf option, ulike for .doc (Microsoft XP …).