Hi, I am using KDE4 (packages updated from the KDE Factory repository). For quite sometime now, VLC has stopped working on my system, when I open a file in it, the video plays but there's no sound and the stop button and everything else becomes unresponsive.

Here's the log from the terminal::

Code:
VLC media player 1.1.0-git Goldeneye
[0x823b468] main interface error: no interface module matched "globalhotkeys,none"
[0x823b468] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[0x804f720] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
(23465) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libkfilemodule.so"
(23465) KPluginLoader::load: The plugin "libkfilemodule" doesn't contain a kde_plugin_verification_data structure
[0x865e3d8] pulse audio output: No. of Audio Channels: 2
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 1
QPainter::setClipRegion: Painter not active
QPainter::setClipping: Painter not active, state will be reset by begin
*** Unable to locate valid config! Falling back to auto-detection...
*** Unable to locate PAC! Falling back to direct...
I am wondering if this has to do something with my gstreamer installation (updated from the packman repository), because when I try to open songbird I get this error --

Code:
./songbird

(songbird-bin:23524): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcacasink.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcacasink.so: undefined symbol: caca_dither_bitmap

(songbird-bin:23524): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_format_parse_caps_interlaced

(songbird-bin:23524): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so: undefined symbol: gst_navigation_event_parse_command