Thread: Konqueror 4.x - Missing buttons

Default Konqueror 4.x - Missing buttons

There was a great menu command in Konqueror 3, KDE 3.x, called "Image view".

I used to have this button enabled in my main menu tool bar, right beside the "Tree View" and "Icon View" buttons.

By clicking on this button I could see all the pictures in a directory as thumbnails on the left hand side of the screen and when I clicked on one of the pictures, it would be shown on the right hand side of the screen, in a size I had specified earlier, eg fit to screen.

Now when I click on a picture Konqueror opens it in a new page. In order to look at the next or a different picture in the folder, I have to click on the back button then click on the picture I want to see. (Dolphin doesn't even do that, it opens GIMP for each picture I click on, talk about "stealing memory space" as well as cluttering up the desktop).

One huge MISTAKE is not to include a "New Folder" button in Konqueror 4.x. That option is reserved only for the drop down Menu. I don't know whose idea it was not to offer that as a button that could be included in the Menu toolbar, but it was a STUPID idea. Even Micro**** didn't take that out over successive versions of Windows Explorer. PUT IT BACK IN.

Is there any way of inserting these two buttons into the Main Toolbar Menu of Konqueror 4.x or will I have to continue using Konqueror 3.x?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Konqueror 4.x - Missing buttons

Not too sure what you are describing, no screens??

Here is my current dolphin look:

My images currently open in gwenview, you can set that to whatever you like anyway.
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

I don't know what is this scream all about??
    Have you ever tried customizing the toolbar then eventually cry like a baby?? Your thread is nothing more than crying of a new user that didn't even bother to click here and there to check what is and what is not possible in the application.
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBendingRodriguez View Post
    I don't know what is this scream all about??
    Have you ever tried customizing the toolbar then eventually cry like a baby?? Your thread is nothing more than crying of a new user that didn't even bother to click here and there to check what is and what is not possible in the application.

I clicked here, there and everywhere. I customised the hell out of the new tool bar but the button Image View was not available.

Please excuse my "crying", I am sooooooo sorry I disturbed you. No, no, please accept my apology, let me go and shoot myself for your enjoyment.

If you don't have anything helpful to say, keep your opinions to yourself, or can it be that your were born with the knowledge of a expert linux user and NEVER had to ask questions. If that is the case, what are you doing here, wasting your GOD like powers.

I had thought that this site was to help EVERYONE, including newbies.

caf4926 this is what I mean -

[IMG][/IMG]

The files/icons on the left side and the picture that has been selected is displayed on the right side.

I have looked through all the different toolbar options - main, extra, location, etc. but no where is there a button for Image View. Is it possible to put in a script or a macro in one of the <merge> areas, or am I getting things wrong again.

Where would I be able to set Gwenview as my main image viewer. I have been clicking around but couldn't find the appropriate setting to change.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

I can't just see that. I get nearer to it in the example I sent of Dolphin.

Right click a file you want to configure - Properties
    Then click the spanner
    In the next box you can select your Application pref to open the file, move apps up and down in the list and add if necessary
    apply
    Leap 15_KDE

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I can't just see that. I get nearer to it in the example I sent of Dolphin.

Right click a file you want to configure - Properties
    Then click the spanner
    In the next box you can select your Application pref to open the file, move apps up and down in the list and add if necessary
    apply
    Ok. got it. Thank you.

Blog Entries

I have managed to config konqueror in kde4 to twin view.
    Pic 1 = identical locations
    Pic 2 = clicked image in right pane

Notice image is not opening in separate application (eg;gwenview) but inside K
    Leap 15_KDE

This forum is helpful but people coming here should control their temper. I would give another answer if You would just type like that "i can't set feature x in application y, how can i do that?" I would understand that You need some help with that but You instead chose to complain and it appeared that You can set it like that so You were wrong and all that crying and saying Microsoft did like that or that was useless. Just keep Your moaning to yourself and everyone will be helpful to You or anyone else. If you read other threads you'll see that whenever someone moans instead of being constructive and brief then some people get angry because we all are here because we chose to and we're not working for anyone and we help each other without asking for money or without moaning on this or that. Just behave like an adult.
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I have managed to config konqueror in kde4 to twin view.
    Pic 1 = identical locations
    Pic 2 = clicked image in right pane

Notice image is not opening in separate application (eg;gwenview) but inside K
    Thats exactly what I want. I have been looking in the congiguration section of Konqueror but can't find what would produce the same results as you have in the second picture. I did notice that you have a icon in your toolbar, in the second image, to the left of the zoom in (+) button that has been "clicked. I couldn't find that in the toolbar configuration line up. Where did you get it from and does that have anything to do with achieving the results you have shown in image 2?

Blog Entries

That icon only appears when you click an image (zoom to fit - is the name of it on hover) otherwise it is not there.

I can't tell you exactly what I did, just figured it out. OK for me I guess.

Look at enabling preview wherever you can.
    Leap 15_KDE