Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little IM trouble

Default Re: A little IM trouble

zolistir87, what is your Kopete / KDE version? What's the server listed in your connection preferences? (I realize you you haven't switched on "override default server information", but I'm still curious what server is listed and whether this has anything to do with my connection problem. My server, although unchecked, is set to "scsa.msg.yahoo.com" at port 5050.)

Quote Originally Posted by homoludens1000 View Post
    zolistir87, what is your Kopete / KDE version? What's the server listed in your connection preferences? (I realize you you haven't switched on "override default server information", but I'm still curious what server is listed and whether this has anything to do with my connection problem. My server, although unchecked, is set to "scsa.msg.yahoo.com" at port 5050.)
    Hmm... I have Kopete 0.70.4 and KDE 4.2.4. and server settings are as same with yours. When this whole thing started did you edit /etc/hosts? If so than theres your problem.

P.S. I still need confirmation for the problems I listed.
    Respect the penguin!

No, I didn't edit /etc/hosts. I was patiently waiting until the problem would go away on its own accord ...

Strange that Yahoo is working on your system but not mine. I'd be curious to know what kind of experiences other users are having.

... anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by homoludens1000 View Post
    No, I didn't edit /etc/hosts. I was patiently waiting until the problem would go away on its own accord ...

Strange that Yahoo is working on your system but not mine. I'd be curious to know what kind of experiences other users are having.

... anyone?

kopete's yahoo problem is fixed,
    it's working without tweaks

Kopete 0.70.90
    KDE 4.2.95
    "And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise."
    Luke 6:31 NKJV

This is rather vexing. I just re-installed my system, and I still don't get Yahoo to connect in Kopete.

Does anyone have the same problem?

If the most recent package is fine, the problem would, logically, be something related to my settings, so perhaps through comparison with someone else I can figure out the culprit?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123