Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Having Problems intalling Lotus Notes

Default Help Having Problems intalling Lotus Notes

Hi I am trying to install Lotus notes and Im getting an error. This is the errors I get in the log file

(Jun 14, 2009 9:42:13 AM), RCPCore-Install, com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl, msg1, installing Process Install Manifest Action (processInstallManifest)
    (Jun 14, 2009 9:42:13 AM), RCPCore-Install, com.ibm.pvc.install.product.ProcessInstallManifestAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file /opt/IBM/Lotus/Notes/framework/rcp_install.log for details.
    (Jun 14, 2009 9:42:13 AM), RCPCore-Install, com.ibm.pvc.install.product.ProcessInstallManifestAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [/root/install.xml (No such file or directory)])
    STACK_TRACE: 26
    ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [/root/install.xml (No such file or directory)])
    at com.ibm.pvc.install.ProductUtil.failInstall(ProductUtil.java:43)
    at com.ibm.pvc.install.ProductUtil.failAction(ProductUtil.java:51)
    at com.ibm.pvc.install.product.ProcessInstallManifestAction.processManifest(ProcessInstallManifestAction.java:127)
    at com.ibm.pvc.install.product.ProcessInstallManifestAction.install(ProcessInstallManifestAction.java:52)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:2969)
    at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:8048)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:7199)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProduct(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:2637)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.installProduct(Unknown Source)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installAssembly(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5523)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$900(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:119)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5378)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)

(Jun 14, 2009 9:42:13 AM), RCPCore-Install, com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl, msg1, uninstalling Write Java Properties Action (updateVMInRCPLauncherProps)
    (Jun 14, 2009 9:42:13 AM), RCPCore-Install, com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl, msg1, uninstalling Process Install Manifest Action (processInstallManifest)

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Help Having Problems intalling Lotus Notes

I'm not familiar with Lotus Notes, but, after going through the log I have some ideas.
    I think you tried to install this after logging in as a user and then using su/sudo. Can you log in as root itself from the GUI and try this install?
    Or, see if it is allowing you to install without using root login (just the user login only and no su/sudo).
    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) with Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop and KDE 4.11.2 on MacBook Pro
    Latest MS Windows version used: Win95

Hmmm ive been running it as root. I also tried running it as a regular user but it cant write to the /opt/ folder the full path is /opt/IBM/Lotus/Notes. I also noticed this error message at the beginning of the installation

could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32ProductServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32ProductServiceImpl
    could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32SecurityServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32SecurityServiceImpl
    could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32FileServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32FileServiceImpl
    (Jun 14, 2009 3:23:28 PM), null, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.PlatformWizardBeanCondition, dbg.platform, target platform: displayName=;name=Linux;version=2.6.27.23-0.1-pae;arch=x86;parent=
    (Jun 14, 2009 3:23:28 PM), null, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.PlatformWizardBeanCondition, dbg.platform, condition platform: displayName=Linux Platform;name=Linux;version=.*;arch=.*;parent=
    (Jun 14, 2009 3:23:28 PM), null, com.ibm.notes.install.SetInstallBaseDir, dbg, ***In SetInstallBaseDir***
    (Jun 14, 2009 3:23:28 PM), null, com.ibm.notes.install.SetInstallBaseDir, dbg, Set installbasedir=/media/Notes801/Clients/Linux/.
    could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32JVMServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32JVMServiceImpl
    (Jun 14, 2009 3:23:30 PM), RCPCore-Install, com.ibm.pvc.install.wizard.CheckJVMAction, msg1, Set RCP_JVM_LOCATION = $N($N($P(absoluteInstallLocation)/framework,/)/rcp/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.rcp.j2se.linux.x86_1.5.0.SR6-200802132253, /)

Thanks again

The ClassNotFound errors from the InstallShiield program looks like it is looking for Win platform!
    Where did you get this program from? Is it Windo$ specific?
    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) with Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop and KDE 4.11.2 on MacBook Pro

Hmmm yes it is for linux its Lotus Notes 8.0.1 and it says for SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 Desktop. I am using openSuse 11.1 could that be that its not compatible?

Yes, there are differences between the Enterprise version (SLES) and openSUSE.
    But, the log is showing a lot of Windo$ related classes!
    Is this something freely downloadable so that I can test it?

No its not I got it from the guy that manages the lotus notes server at my Job unfortunately he does not know anything about linux, but it would be great if you can test it maybe we can figure out a way for me to upload it so you can download it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by syampillai
    Yes, there are differences between the Enterprise version (SLES) and
    openSUSE.
    But, the log is showing a lot of Windo$ related classes!
    Is this something freely downloadable so that I can test it?
    Hi
    Trial downloads are here... not sure what version the OP is trying to
    install.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...X13&S_CMP=LSDL

--
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.23-0.1-default
    up 3 days 23:48, 2 users, load average: 0.20, 0.16, 0.08
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 185.18.14

@hydro0
    Can you follow the link suggested by Malcolm and see the version you are trying to install?
    It looks like they support only 32 bit and only on SLED.

yeah I went there before I in fact was able to install their trials on SLES in the past. they would crash after the first week. I also have all the libraries necessary for install. So maybe you are right it probably is only designed for SLES I wonder if there is a way to make it compatible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast