Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie problem with installing torrent clients *sorry*

profred NNTP User

Unhappy newbie problem with installing torrent clients *sorry*

Hey guys!

I just switched to Linux and I'm still not so familiar with the console commands, so I use mainly YaST to install new software, which worked fine until I tried to download a new torrent-client (ktorrent kind of sux) and I always get this error message during installation/ downloading:
    Code:
    Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: open of /var/cache/zypp/packages/openSUSE failed: No such file or directory
    error: open of 11.1-0/suse/i586/ktorrent-lang-3.1.5-1.19.i586.rpm failed: No such file or directory
    So I know this might be ridiculously easy to solve, but I still have no clue

Thank's in advance!

Default Re: newbie problem with installing torrent clients *sorry*

If i'm not wrong that's because you have DVD setup as a repository and You haven't got the DVD in the drive? It's best to leave the iso image somewhere on the disk and set it as a repo (only DVD image of course).

Check if you have the DVD set as repo (should say something like /dev/sr0 ) in software repositories in YaST.
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

profred NNTP User

Ah! if I check software repositories --> repositories there is no local path like /dev/.. only ftp and http sources... I also used the Online-Installation method were it downloaded all the data during installation (took like 5 hours ).
    So what do do now? should I download the full iso file?? Is there any other way to get those missing files?

Thanks!

Maybe go to software repositories and refresh them all?

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

profred NNTP User

I did...still no sign of it and installation isn't working either (same error occurs)...
    ****! I had to reinstalled the system yesterday again, because I couldn't get this graphic card problem fixed,don't wanna do it again... Isn't there any chance of getting those missing files?

Thanks again!

You can always download it with a web browser from the repo?

Ktorrent is actually one of the best if not the best, doesn't take much memory, has support for ip blocking and encrypting packet headers, has a scheduler, doesn't take much memory.
    For gnome transmission is good but i have bad experience with it (lost about 8GB of data)

profred NNTP User

Mhhh...okay...But the thing with ktorrent is, that it won't start downloading!Whenever I import a torrent, it always stays on "Stopped" even if I click on "resume"... tried messing around with the configuration...didn't help

Hmmm, i never had problems like this. Could you tell me what desktop environment You got (KDE, GNOME), what version, what repos You use (zypper lr as sudo).

profred NNTP User

I use the latest KDE (used gnome before which didn't work out because of my gc)

Code:
    #  | Alias                            | Name                             | Enabled | Refresh
    ---+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+---------+--------
    1  | Main Repository (NON-OSS)        | Main Repository (NON-OSS)        | Yes   | Yes
    2  | Main Repository (OSS)            | Main Repository (OSS)            | Yes   | Yes
    3  | Packman Repository               | Packman Repository               | Yes   | Yes
    4  | VideoLan Repository              | VideoLan Repository              | Yes   | Yes
    5  | home:jefferyfernandez:playground | home:jefferyfernandez:playground | Yes   | Yes
    6  | openSUSE 11.1-0                  | openSUSE 11.1-0                  | Yes   | Yes
    7  | repo-debug                       | openSUSE-11.1-Debug              | No   | Yes
    8  | repo-non-oss                     | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss            | Yes   | Yes
    9  | repo-source                      | openSUSE-11.1-Source             | No   | Yes
    10 | repo-update                      | openSUSE-11.1-Update             | Yes   | Yes

Ok, disable repo number 4 and 6. From repo #4 you only need libdvdcss for playing DVD's. Repo #6 looks to me like a DVD drive repo so disable it. After that go to Software Management, change to repositories look, go to packman and update unconditionally. That should do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast