Upgraded to KDE 4.3 Beta, someone help me get 4.2.4 please

I upgraded to KDE 4.3 Beta 1 by going to YAST and forcefully updating all installed packages in the KDE 4 factory repo. The only problem is that I wanted to get KDE 4.2.4!! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!

I don’t want to reinstall opensuse 11.1 again :frowning:

I’d stick with the beta (which is quite nice, actually), but for some reason my CPU (3.0ghz pentium 4) usage is always 100% – and I’m no computer scientist, but I don’t think that’s a very good.

Remove the repo/s you added
and replace with these:

Desktop
Index of /repositories/KDE:/42/openSUSE_11.1

Community
Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE_42

Do unconditional update in both those repo’s

Thanks!

Unfortunately, however, I’m going to stick to KDE 4 this here KDE 4.2.88 (not 4.3 beta, as I previously assumed, unless the two are one in the same.) The 100% CPU issue stopped after a reboot. After messing around, I find this release to be too sweet not to keep: it’s more usable, uses less system resources, and has more features than 4.2.1 (or whichever version I was on before…) The only problem I’ve encountered is flickering graphics on the titlebar every now and again, but that happened (albeit to a lesser extent) on my older release, and I think it’s just the “skulpture” theme I’m using, as it doesn’t happen when I use another.

Sorry for panicking and wasting time, lol. I do, however, understand that I went wrong by using the 4 factory instead of the 42 factory repo! Thanks for the help!!

They are one in the same. If you’re using the factory repository you’re using the 4.3 beta. As it’s only the beta it’s not yet at 4.3 yet.