Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How safe is Konqueror?

Default How safe is Konqueror?

Can you tell me if there are any issues in security with Konqueror?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How safe is Konqueror?

Why should there be. Konqueror has been in use for years. If you have noticed any specific behavior which raises concern, post a comment here with details.
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

no...I don't have anything in particular... just wanted to know bcoz I haven't used Konqueror much before...

dgage94 NNTP User

its decently safe but i just started using opensuse last week but i had kubuntu and it had konqerer and it wasnt the safest browser in the world id stick wth firefix

Well to be fair horses for courses...

konqueror exploits - Google Search

Then if you like we can have the zero day from this year...
    Firefox exploit sends Mozilla into 'high-priority fire drill' mode € The Register
    firefox exploits - Google Search

So to declare one better than another without proof is poor. The question is how fast does the distro fix it..
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

one more thing..... Konqueror is not displaying some pages properly... one example is orkut.com and konqueror crashes on login to icicibank.com. People from India will know about icici. It is a bank having the most number of online customers in India.

Blog Entries

Both those site display identically in FF and K for me, no crash and all looks just fine.
    What version are you using.?
    For that matter, what version of suse are you using?
    Leap 15_KDE

Blog Entries

Anyway. Although it should work and you need to establish why it's not. Why not just use a browser that does, Firefox, Opera, Seamonkey..... there is choice and plenty of it.
    Leap 15_KDE

I used to love Konq(now run a minimal DE) but I always found java a bit strange, I never managed to just have konq and always needed FF.

iirc konqueror uses the java interpreter directly, so it already is working differently. If using openjdk then swap or vis versa, see if that helps.

As for the different browsers mmm, strangely enough I have a problem with FF and flash(Different distro) yet FF Optimised doesn't show me the problems. I tried to look at the patch but to me it looks like mainly branding and I guess some compile flags but since changing I've seen a marked improvement.

I'm also betting 64bit, if you are then with the ease that Suse does it I would use 32bit browser stuff, you can have 2 javas running, just keep the 64bit iirc for OOo and Konqueror, and use the 32bit with a 32bit FF.

Though I have to concur with Caf4926 orkut looks fine, but i686 in my vm.
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Both those site display identically in FF and K for me, no crash and all looks just fine.
    What version are you using.?
    For that matter, what version of suse are you using?
    Did you login to icicibank.com? you need to click on 'Personal' link and give user name and password for that...

I am using opensuse 11.1 with KDE 4.2.3 release1

plz find the screenshot of orkut main page below

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
    Last edited by sarin_cv; 04-Jun-2009 at 11:00. Reason: adding screenshot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast