Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

  1. #1

    Default KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    Using KDE4.

    Received a pdf of 100+ pages and needed to print them as hardcopy.

    Been googling for a long while but unable to find how to print out as handouts e.g. 3 pages into 1 page.


    Any suggestions appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    It's not really clear to me what you have and what you want to do with it.

    Do you have 100 page pdf file that you want to reduce the size of by printing 3 pages per sheet?

    Do you have 100 pdf files that you want to combine into a number of 3 page files?

    There must be a way, just need to understand the problem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,843

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    From okular (and any other kde app) you can choose, in the print dialog>options>pages, to print one, two, four, six, nine or sixteen document pages per sheet. There's no option for 3 pages, as it would waste paper space.

  4. #4

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    Quote Originally Posted by zuser View Post
    It's not really clear to me what you have and what you want to do with it.

    Do you have 100 page pdf file that you want to reduce the size of by printing 3 pages per sheet?

    Do you have 100 pdf files that you want to combine into a number of 3 page files?

    There must be a way, just need to understand the problem.

    To re-phrase the problem:

    1. One big pdf file with 100+ pages (slides)
    2. Wanted to print them to hardcopy.
    3. Intend to print (squeeze) several pages into one page to save paper
    e.g. 4 per page to squeeze a 100 page pdf into 25 pages (hardcopy).

  5. #5

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    From okular (and any other kde app) you can choose, in the print dialog>options>pages, to print one, two, four, six, nine or sixteen document pages per sheet. There's no option for 3 pages, as it would waste paper space.
    Hi brunomcl, thanks for the suggestion.

    however, the pages tab in openSUSE 12.1 actually does not work.
    will still get a 1 per page printout even if you select four or six.

    the pages tab in openSUSE 12.2 is removed (propably because the devs are unable to get it to work ?)

  6. #6

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    opensuse 12.1/kde4.8.1
    okular print multi-pages per sheet
    I tried printing 4 pages in one sheet and it worked.
    Just specify the pages say 1-4
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,433

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    If you still have problems KPDF (from kdegraphics3) will print multiple pages on one page.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,843

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    Quote Originally Posted by michalng View Post
    Hi brunomcl, thanks for the suggestion.

    however, the pages tab in openSUSE 12.1 actually does not work.
    will still get a 1 per page printout even if you select four or six.

    the pages tab in openSUSE 12.2 is removed (propably because the devs are unable to get it to work ?)
    From your snapshot I see you are printing to PDF. Here in KDE 4.8 it only works if I print to an actual printer. It won't work if I print to PDF file, to PDF using CUPS (which is probably the same) or to PS.

    Probably the KDE devs don't think it necessary, since you can show a PDF in okular two (opposite pages view) or more (overall/general view) pages at a time easily.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,433

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    Printing multiple pages to PDF works in KDE3 (KPDF) but not in Okular - one of those they have not yet got round to in KDE4.

  10. #10

    Default Re: KDE - Printing multiple pdf pages into one sheet

    Quote Originally Posted by john_hudson View Post
    Printing multiple pages to PDF works in KDE3 (KPDF) but not in Okular - one of those they have not yet got round to in KDE4.
    To add

    Evince also works on multiple pages to PDF
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •