Thread: Where is the desktop button?

Default Where is the desktop button?

Hi guys,

I am running openSUSE 11.1 + KDE 4.2.
    I wonder where is the desktop button, which minimized all currently opened applications and brings you back to the desktop?

Please could someone let me know how or what do I need to insert to the control panel?

Thanks in advance.
    Kind regards,
    Roland

Default Re: Where is the desktop button?

There's a plasmoid that does that, just add it to the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracalla View Post
    There's a plasmoid that does that, just add it to the panel.
    Right... How about elaborating and telling the OP what that plasmoid is?

Right click on the panel and choose Add Widget. Then search for Show Desktop. Click it then click Add Widget and you should be good to go!

Good Luck,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Code:
    Right click on the panel and choose Add Widget. Then search for Show Desktop. Click it then click Add Widget and you should be good to go!
    Thanks. Then, I got the Desktop icon on my desktop.
    I have also added a shortcut (Win + D) to it, which minimized now all opened Windows.

Thanks,
    -openRigge

You might want to look at the Plasma Dashboard. It brings all plasma widgets to the foreground without minimizing any windows. In essence it brings your desktop forward. Should be next to your menu button if you did not remove or move it.

Also you can add the plasmoid to the panel instead of (or in addition to) the desktop. Add the widget again, but this time from the panel. Use the panel cashew (at the bottom right of the panel), not the desktop cashew (at the top right of the screen).