Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xorg + Plasma high CPU usage.

Default Re: Xorg + Plasma high CPU usage.

Quote Originally Posted by weighty_foe View Post
    Things I'd have a look at are:

Plasmoids. Are you running any, ....

vsync for desktop effects. For some reason this got turned on for me (don't know how or why really). It's in the advanced tab where you configure the desktop effects. ...
    HTH
    Thank You!
    Turning OFF vsync instantly made my laptop feel like a Pentium again, where it was starting to feel like I was on a i386... Between Xorg and FF, I couldn't get any code written and uploaded... forget any streaming media.

Again, Thanks.
    Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by TyReed View Post
    Thank You!
    Turning OFF vsync instantly made my laptop feel like a Pentium again, where it was starting to feel like I was on a i386... Between Xorg and FF, I couldn't get any code written and uploaded... forget any streaming media.

Again, Thanks.
    Reed.
    ey dude:

Old Threads/"Necro-Bumping"

Do your part to keep the forums tidy. Posting in old threads, or "necrobumping" is generally discouraged in the technical issue subforums, since it can potentially create disjointed "zombie" information; outdated posts with data which is no longer relevant due to rolling nature, combined with more recent posts reflecting more current circumstance. Furthermore, technical support threads should remain succinct, and multiple pages are to be avoided if possible.
    Rules of thumb

• If you have a question, start a new thread and link to the old if relevant.
    • If you have something to add and judge that your information is related, but more up-to-date, start a new thread and link to the old if desired, but avoid duplicating effort by posting information already contained in the Arch wiki.
    • If you have a version-agnostic or corresponding solution, necrobumping can be appropriate.

26-May-2009, 12:03

Quote Originally Posted by TyReed View Post
    Thank You!

Again, Thanks.
    Reed.
    Running Suse 12.3 on a 2006 dual cpu IBM Thinkpad. Plasma-desktop was maxing out one of the CPUs and locking up the system. I disabled Vsync and the problem seems to have been resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12