Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Konqueror + zdnet.com = crash

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    N. Wales
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: Konqueror + zdnet.com = crash

    warnec adjusted his/her AFDB on Tuesday 26 May 2009 21:26 to write:

    >
    > Maybe it would be wiser to simply update your KDE4 and Konqueror to
    > 4.2.3?
    >
    > (it works in KDE 4.2.3 for me also)
    >
    >



    I am still getting it but it does now load the background and header, gets
    to about loading 110 of 180`ish images and then segfaults:


    <<smip>>

    Application: Konqueror (konqueror), signal: Segmentation fault
    [Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x7f730e83c760 (LWP 7688))]

    Thread 3 (Thread 0x7f7304335950 (LWP 7692)):
    #0 0x0000003c48c0afdd in pthread_cond_timedwait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from
    /lib64/libpthread.so.0
    #1 0x00007f730fa32df7 in QWaitCondition::wait(QMutex*, unsigned long) ()
    from /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4
    #2 0x00007f730fa28a99 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4
    #3 0x00007f730fa31e65 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4
    #4 0x0000003c48c07070 in start_thread () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
    #5 0x0000003c480d310d in clone () from /lib64/libc.so.6
    #6 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

    Thread 2 (Thread 0x7f7303335950 (LWP 7704)):
    #0 0x0000003c48c0afdd in pthread_cond_timedwait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from
    /lib64/libpthread.so.0
    #1 0x00007f730fa32df7 in QWaitCondition::wait(QMutex*, unsigned long) ()
    from /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4
    #2 0x00007f730fa28a99 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4
    #3 0x00007f730fa31e65 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4
    #4 0x0000003c48c07070 in start_thread () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
    #5 0x0000003c480d310d in clone () from /lib64/libc.so.6
    #6 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

    Thread 1 (Thread 0x7f730e83c760 (LWP 7688)):
    [KCrash Handler]
    #5 0x00000030cfababc9 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libkhtml.so.5
    #6 0x0000000000000005 in ?? ()
    #7 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

    >>pins<<


    If I restart konq straight away it does complete the page and then konq just
    disappears with a slightly different segfault error.


    If I go to zdnet.co.uk all is fine.

    Works fine in fiirefox though.


    --
    Mark

    Nullus in verba
    Nil illegitimi carborundum


  2. #12

    Default Re: Konqueror + zdnet.com = crash

    I'm not sure this helps as much as it might, but I've just tried 3.5.10 and 4.2.3 and neither crash.

    The reason that this is less helpful than it might be is that the GUI I'm currently running is kde 4.2 on e16 (which is an experiment, and one that initially happened by accident) and that's not really mainstream.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •