Thread: Image Thumbnails as Icons in Desktop Folder

Default Image Thumbnails as Icons in Desktop Folder

In the Desktop Folder thing on the desktop, is there a way to get image thumbnails on the icons like you can in Dolphin?

Default Re: Image Thumbnails as Icons in Desktop Folder

Hopefully still applicable before kde 4.3:

Unlock widgets, then hover over the Desktop Folder. Click the wrench icon. Click Display then under Icon Settings choose Show previews and then choose Advanced Options. Put a check next to Images.

Good Luck,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

AKAIK if you right click on folder view settings and get it to point to a folder which already has image thumbnails set, they should show up.

Quote Originally Posted by ijbreakey View Post
    Hopefully still applicable before kde 4.3:

Unlock widgets, then hover over the Desktop Folder. Click the wrench icon. Click Display then under Icon Settings choose Show previews and then choose Advanced Options. Put a check next to Images.

Good Luck,

Ian
    Hey, sorry for taking so long to reply... in any case, it doesn't work, because I have no "show previews" button or anything. Under "Icon Settings" it just has an "Icon size" slider.

My Desktop Folder options does not offer the "Show previews" option either. I had a hard driver go south, so I did a full reinstall. I was surprised to find that this option was not available with my new Desktop Folder.

Can anyone explain this or suggest a work around?